eloisel

Forever Empress E
It is about to start.

Are you going to watch?

Why?

Why not?

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
i cant believe they are still making that show...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I watched the pilot for about a half hour, and I suppose I can see why the show is popular. Some of the people in the early round you kinda want to root for when they have decent voices and the desperate hope is there on heir faces. But mostly I just think Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez is like watching a slow-motion train wreck. You can see it coming, hasn't happened yet, but already it seems to be unavoidable.

But the show was very bland after the novelty wore off, and I turned it off. So who won?

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I tried to watch it but this first episode was just of the clips of the auditions. So far, nothing they showed me looks too promising. I was so bored of last year's I don't remember who won. The year before the win should have gone to Adam Lambert but it went, instead, to the most boring singer on the show. Year before that was good though. I like Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. I'm willing to give them a chance.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Lucy, your type is a little less yellow, not as big, and isn't italicized. Are you not feeling well?

I found a Canadian coin in my change jar and thought of you. True, it was a fleeting moment, but lookie there - here you are.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
In theory, yes, and I like that quality in similar shows. But Idol is a pig in a hooker outfit.

And Ryan Seacrest makes me violent.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I went to THIS organization last night. As in live, and in person.

I may be joining a band called "Large Men with small Instruments" (aka ukulele band) that is associated with this org.

FAR better than American Idol. Older and less pretty aesthetically, yes, but FANTASTIC acoustically.

I don't watch much TV in general.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Congratulations!

I'm still trying to get comfortable enough with my playing to jam with all those folks at the annual mountain dulcimer festival in Palestine, Texas. I go and watch the others in awe.

Understand about the TV. I gave up satellite TV last summer and still don't miss it. Like having that extra $90 in my pocket though.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
In theory, yes, and I like that quality in similar shows. But Idol is a pig in a hooker outfit.

And Ryan Seacrest makes me violent.

What is the issue with Ryan Seacrest?

Here is my story:
when I was a kid I remember my mom accidentally brushed her teeth with Bryl Cream - a man's greasy hair goo that came in a tube quite like toothpaste and was popular back in the 60s. I remember her getting violently illy and throwing up everywhere, which thoroughly grossed me out.

When I see Ryan Seacrest, I think of that story.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
What has Steven Tyler done that the Show feels it needs to apologize for his behavior on the show?