American version of Skins in "hilariously bad" shocker

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I mean the UK original wasn't the greatest work of art produced in the 21st century or anything, but check out this GUFF...

[YOUTUBE]v4rqgWoXBwI[/YOUTUBE]

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well.

As you say, the original wasn't that great to begin with. But that looks terrible. They've clearly gone to a lot of trouble to mimic the style, but without the swearing and nudity it's nothing. Take the shot of the main dude in bed, for instance. The whole point of that in the original was to show his duvet cover with the lifesized naked people on it. Now there are cherry blossoms or something. It's pointless.

CaptainWacky

Is that black girl supposed to be Cassie? WTF.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Anytime I see "Based on the British hit" in an Amercian show title I brace for the worst. We don't translate well for some reason, with a few notable exceptions.

Maybe Britain should produce a hit comedy called "This is gonna suck." That way when America tries to steal it, at least we'll be warned...

CaptainWacky

They changed the gay male character into a hot lesbian. How brave.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It worked one time...with All in the Family. But that's it.

This remake will suck because it won't have any of that... [Stewie] Hot...Dev...Patel...ass. [/Stewie]

CaptainWacky

Or his ears.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The Office does okay, mainly based on the strength of Steve Carell. And Big Brother is passable even though we do our best to screw that up too...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member