Anticipation Thread for BDM's 2011 Awards Season Fashion Threads

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
The back of her dress kicked ass.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
SERIOUS POST

I don't like how it reflects on us as British people.

At least we still have Dame Helen and King Colin. And little Prince Daniel Radcliffe.

Tisiphone

King Colin. I hope he wins the Oscar too.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
To play HITLER'S ADVOCATE for a moment, isn't it traditional for the host of an awards show to insult everyone and be a dick? I remember Russell Brand getting death threats after he hosted something in america, but I found it funny when I saw clips. Or is the difference that Brand did it in a cheeky, likable style whereas Gervias just comes across as an ego-manic cunt?

Also, back view.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Plus Russell was hosting the MTV music awards, surrounded by boozy, so-cool-I-don't-shower indie rockers, so he could afford to be a bit more edgy than a glitzy awards show where beautiful actresses dress up as sparkly mermaids and have little useless handbags and the most divine shoes stuff.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Should be able to get to it by the end of the week, that's when all the hig-res photos will be readily available!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Hosts normally make good-natured fun of celebrities, sometimes veering over the line into the odd insult, but it's never meant to be pointed or hurtful. The thing Gervais lacks from the above is a good nature. He set out to be an asshole, not in the "ooo-ooo I'm a crazy Brit with crazy hair saying crazy things, I might soil meself next" like Brand. He knew he was going to make enemies and didn't care. He must be in a pretty cold & bitter place to think it's all just a laugh. Harvey Weinstein vowed to ruin him.

Granted the HFPA is a joke, as are the awards, and they deserve to be smacked around, but that's not what he did. He took random shots and low blows, so anything that might have been "brave" about what he did (like some are saying) is lost in the fact that he was such an asshole to the wrong people too.

I don't know why it still has me in a snit...the casual pleasure he took in it knowing that the audience wanted to kill him was a little sick to me. Or maybe he was just that drunk.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, and the thing I always forget to add when I type this rant out all over the internets -- all would have been forgiven IF THE JOKES WERE FUNNIER. But they weren't that funny, which is part of the reason he was seen as so hurtful. The jokes were pretty lame. And some weren't really jokes.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well as some guy on twitter just wrote "If Charlie Sheen was offended by Ricky Gervais' joke at the Golden Globes, he needs to get off his high whores."

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Large Richard.

The Gayest straight guy on TK.

CaptainWacky

Did he do any cripple jokes?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
While introducing the President of the HFPA, Ricky said he had just helped get him off the toilet and put his teeth in, so sort of.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
His next plan is to defecate on the steps of Westminster Abbey just before Will and Kate step up to get married. That way he can be sure everyone hates him.

Frankly, I am a superb comedian and that was funny, everyone else can fuck off. Did I tell you I am rich and very funny?

He was later heard to say while wearing some massive Rayban sunglasses.

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]RwzDyQRARE0[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't have the part where he introduces a videolink to Bono with "and now Bono, live via a satellite orbiting his own ego." :(

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well, that was funny at least. Gervais' jokes were totally stale, and he delivered them in a lazy, smug manner. THAT's the real reason he's in deep shit. The jokes weren't funny enough to make the others laugh in spite of themselves.

Tisiphone

Now I'm glad I didn't watch.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I have no interest in watching celebrity awards shows. I like to look at the pretty clothes, but they can all eat poo and die, IMO!

CaptainWacky

I saw that Ricky's Robert Downey Jr. "joke" was just "you might recognise him from the Betty Ford Clinic and jail." That really is quite lazy, unimaginative and dated.