Anyone here have a PS3?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
My nephew just called me stating that his player has decided to stop playing games and movies. He says that everything else (internet ect) works, just the laser can no longer read disks.

Before I go over there and do even more damage by trying to repair it myself, does anyone here have any suggestions?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I have a PS3. I have the solution, and I'm not kidding.

When the thing locks up like that, you can tell because the little spinning wheel in the upper right corner spins a couple times and stops, then it locks up.

Here's what you do. When it does that, hit the eject button. Then when you slide the disc back in the slot, at the same time, pick up the right edge of the PS3 off the platform its on and shake it up and down. I'm serious. It absolutely works and will "fix" that problem.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
does it really? Sounds like material wear, then. This plastic age sucks.

starguard

When the thing locks up like that, you can tell because the little spinning wheel in the upper right corner spins a couple times and stops, then it locks up.

Here's what you do. When it does that, hit the eject button. Then when you slide the disc back in the slot, at the same time, pick up the right edge of the PS3 off the platform its on and shake it up and down. I'm serious. It absolutely works and will "fix" that problem.

Tried it... and it didnt work! I'm sure the Laser is dead :(

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
u mean its still not fixed?

it shouldnt do that yeah; the kid fucked with it, get it serviced or whatever.

starguard

Well, its in there now (the shop that is). Guy says that laser is indeed dead, and due to the fact that there are several others ahead of me, I have a 2 week turnaround period before I can get it back. :hmmm:

... all at a cost of $135 :(

Sir Sacrifyx

Sacrifyx Aloysius Bastard I

Funny thing is, that same method worked for the PS1 and the PS2. My PS3 is collecting dust at the moment so I'm not really sure if it has any issues, although I noticed it stopped playing the Netflix disc a few weeks back after an update...haven't tried any others tho.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
i might let her borrow it for an hour or two

starguard

Well.. I got it back yesterday (That was Quick)!!!

Makes me think that there was something really simple they replaced, and overcharged that hell out of me for it :mmph: