AP Wiki Thread

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
So this is the Armchair Philosophers Wiki Thread.

My idea is to make a place to put wikis as a sort of jumping off point for further examination of any given subject. Whatever turns your fancy.

I'll read whichever one you think is worth putting up.

I'll start with Kardashev Scale -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
^Absolutely not surprising. One of his main works tried to bridge the gap between mysticism and science, after all ;)

ETA:
Quote Capra in The Tao of Physics":
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Courier New]Five years ago, I had a beautiful experience which set me on a road that has led to the writing of this book. I was sitting by the ocean one late summer afternoon, watching the waves rolling in and feeling the rhythm of my breathing, when I suddenly became aware of my whole environment as being engaged in a gigantic cosmic dance. Being a physicist, I knew that the sand, rocks, water, and air around me were made of vibrating molecules and atoms, and that these consisted of particles which interacted with one another by creating and destroying other particles. I knew also that the earth's atmosphere was continually bombarded by showers of "cosmic rays," particles of high energy undergoing multiple collisions as they penetrated the air. All this was familiar to me from my research in high-energy physics, but until that moment I had only experienced it through graphs, diagrams, and mathematical theories. As I sat on that beach my former experiences came to life; I "saw" cascades of energy coming down from outer space, in which particles were created and destroyed in rhythmic pulses; I "saw" the atoms of the elements and those of my body participating in this cosmic dance of energy; I felt its rhythm and I "heard" its sound, and at that moment I knew that this was the Dance of Shiva, the Lord of Dancers worshiped by the Hindus. [/FONT]

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
[YOUTUBE]MYiahoYfPGk[/YOUTUBE]

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
And when I come home cold and tired
Its good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
The construction of a space elevator would need reduction of some technical risk. Some advances in engineering, manufacturing and physical technology are required. Once a first space elevator is built, the second one and all others would have the use of the previous ones to assist in construction, making their costs considerably lower. Such follow-on space elevators would also benefit from the great reduction in technical risk achieved by the construction of the first space elevator.

*snicker*

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Re. Golem - Interesting. Thanks. What do you make of the Czech connection?

Sorry, been busy 2day.

Golem theology ties to several central cores of my being. I cannot refuse what's been instilled in me.

I have a strong opinion of the Czech connection, and as usual you are marvelous to discern this nuance.

More later.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
This is dangerous. Could easily become my very favorite thread.