Apparently life is hard when you're into costumes...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I mean, I found this out when I got into Stargate: SG-1. I figured I have lots of military stuff, how hard could an SG-1 costume be? :lol:

But that's another story. Other day I was killing some time and Googled up "Raider jacket". I dunno. I really don't need an Indiana Jones outfit, but I was bored. And it seems pretty easy--Dockers, boots, military/safari-style shirt, map case, brown fedora, A-2 jacket. Throw in a revolver and bullwhip and you're set. Anyway, after skipping past the various Oakland Raiders paraphernalia, I found this site.

Apparently the Raiders of the Lost Ark look is a lot more difficult than one would think. :lol: The jacket is custom made and this guy has put a lot more thought into the costume than I think Spielberg did back in 1981. So now I notice people wearing an A-2 style jacket if it doesn't have elastic cuffs and waistband and doesn't have epaulets.

(chuckle)

I had a couple of custom "French Maid" outfits done for pix, one of which was a true "corset dress" that pulled her waist in by more than six inches. The level of detail with which one can specify this type of fetish wear is incredible. I asked the seamstress if the rather LONG checklist was entirely necessary, I just wanted a "naughty french maid" outfit that flattered her figure. The seamstress looked at me an smiled.
"Obviously, you are not a true fetishist" she said, and left it at that. So I checked maybe 20% of the items and said "you just make her look nice with the rest". It was expensive but worth it...and I still have no idea what half of the terms meant, or even what KIND of white eyelet lace is lining the bodice (of which I think there were like 50 choices).

So yeah...clothing can be something of an obsession for some people.

-SB