Bah humbug!

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I hate Christmas.

It's such a fake holiday.

I'm happy to report that I've only listened to one Christmas song entirely so far. I've managed to avoid them completely.

Fuck this stupid holiday.

And fuck it's mascot.... right in his big, bulbous ass.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
I'm happy to report that I've only listened to one Christmas song entirely so far. I've managed to avoid them completely.

So have I. It dilutes the Xmas experience by listening to those songs for almost a full month before actual holiday. Do I need to be constantly reminded of the holiday? Short answer, no.

Yub

Anachrophobic
I have a Jackson 5 Christmas album on high rotation in my house right now. Maybe I'll break out the Moog Christmas on the morrow.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Yub said:
I do not agree, sir.

How is it not fake?

"Oh! Let's all be giving and celebrate Christ's birth!"

Hold on.... Christ wasn't actually born in December!?

Proof.

More Proof. (this one was written by bible-thumpers)

So, why celebrate it in December?

Because the Christians in Rome were so used to celebrating Saturnalia.

Funny thing is, Christ didn't want us to celebrate his birth. He wanted us to celebrate his death. Which, in my eyes means MUCH more.

Why only be giving ONE day out of the year? What happens the other 364 days? We tell our fellow man to take a hike? What a giant load of crap.

No. This holiday is a farce. It was started on a lie and is now perpetuated by retailers. Which, by the way, religion and advertising have one thing in common: they're both full of shit.

It's incredibly sad that even our economy is dependent on this nonsensical tradition.

I'm afraid to watch TV around this time of year. Those sappy Christmas commercials make me want to shove white-hot needles into my eyes. And, no, I don't want to watch Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, or Home Alone for the 387th time.

And that MUSIC(!?) - if you can even call it that. Why the fuck do those songs have to be so stupid? Those songs all talk about being cold. I hate the winter time. Tell me who takes vacations to Antarctica? Nobody. Know why? BECAUSE IT'S FREEZING FUCKING COLD. So, you know what I listen to around this time of year? Reggae. It was written by tropical islanders smoking weed in the sun. How much warmer can you get?

There are only three holidays I celebrate during the year. Independence Day (because I'm an American goddammit) , my birthday (best day of the year), and New Years (one of the greatest party times of the year).

I've recently adopted celebrating Carnival. Know why? Because it revels in sinning. Instead of this pious bullshit of self-sacrifice and kindness to your fellow man. Fuck you. I ain't sacrificing myself for assholes, and I ain't giving them shit.

I'll say it again... Bah Humbug!

Love Child

One Love
I already know what yub will say and I see him posting now. The thing is, I may or may not celebrate Christmas, believe in the bible, Jesus Christ, have spirituality, or not have it. That is not important here. What I can appreciate is Conchagas ability to say he dislikes Christmas and then give reasons why.
I can assume, before seeing yub's post that he is going to argue with Conchaga.
I will see.
The only thing I disagree with Conchaga is this part:
Which, by the way, religion and advertising have one thing in common: they're both full of shit.
Well maybe religion is a "farce" but to me spirituality is not. But the beauty of it is that we are each able to have our own opinions and do not have to agree about what to believe or celebrate. It is up to each individual.
Sorry if my assumption is wrong on either end.

I dont' imagine Conchaga has a problem with the concept, its the celebration and commercialization and the fakeness surrounding it. But I could be wrong.
Happy Birthday Conchaga.
Jesus.

Yub

Anachrophobic
How is it not fake?

"Oh! Let's all be giving and celebrate Christ's birth!"

Hold on.... Christ wasn't actually born in December!?

Proof.

More Proof. (this one was written by bible-thumpers)

So, why celebrate it in December?

Because the Christians in Rome were so used to celebrating Saturnalia.

Funny thing is, Christ didn't want us to celebrate his birth. He wanted us to celebrate his death. Which, in my eyes means MUCH more.

Why only be giving ONE day out of the year? What happens the other 364 days? We tell our fellow man to take a hike? What a giant load of crap.

No. This holiday is a farce. It was started on a lie and is now perpetuated by retailers. Which, by the way, religion and advertising have one thing in common: they're both full of shit.

It's incredibly sad that even our economy is dependent on this nonsensical tradition.

I'm afraid to watch TV around this time of year. Those sappy Christmas commercials make me want to shove white-hot needles into my eyes. And, no, I don't want to watch Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, Charlie Brown's Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, or Home Alone for the 387th time.

And that MUSIC(!?) - if you can even call it that. Why the fuck do those songs have to be so stupid? Those songs all talk about being cold. I hate the winter time. Tell me who takes vacations to Antarctica? Nobody. Know why? BECAUSE IT'S FREEZING FUCKING COLD. So, you know what I listen to around this time of year? Reggae. It was written by tropical islanders smoking weed in the sun. How much warmer can you get?

There are only three holidays I celebrate during the year. Independence Day (because I'm an American goddammit) , my birthday (best day of the year), and New Years (one of the greatest party times of the year).

I've recently adopted celebrating Carnival. Know why? Because it revels in sinning. Instead of this pious bullshit of self-sacrifice and kindness to your fellow man. Fuck you. I ain't sacrificing myself for assholes, and I ain't giving them shit.

I'll say it again... Bah Humbug!

I know about Saturnalia and when Jesus was actually born. I know about the origins of Santa Claus [his jacket was rarely red until a Coca Cola advertising campaign, which solidified his current look]. I know about how shallow Christmas can be if you let it. I don't care. It's a great holiday and I don't see anybody queuing up to celebrate in it September.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Easter is kick ass in Greece. It is far and away the most important and celebrated holiday here.

Even though every last thing Greg said in his OP is true I'm still shamelessly fond of Christmas. I'm easily dazzled by pretty lights.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
Love Child said:
Those Boobs Are Fake!
So is Santa's beard in the first pic. Id think considering his circumstance, it would be low on the list of things to hold against him.