Barcelona vs Arsenal

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
The big one. I don't even want to try putting predictions on this one. It's going to be a massive test. I would be surprised if it wasn't a great game. I really hope Cesc is fit to play.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Also, it's the 9th anniversary of Rocky Rocastle's death today. R.I.P

[YOUTUBE]YLsLYkQLU3Q[/YOUTUBE]

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
the gods have decided to smile on me today....they're actually airing this one up here!!!!

This should be a SPLENDID match.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Barcelona are dominating the game in its first few minutes.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Three serious goal scoring chances already for Barca, and the game is still at its very beginning.

About time Arsenal faced a real team.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Barcelone are taking a dump on Arsenal.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Nineteen minutes into the match, and Barcelona have had possession for about 16. Almunia is the only Arsenal player on the pitch performing. The Barcelona team exist on another plane than most teams. Awesome stuff.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
If it wasn't for Ibrahimovic's inability to perform at the highest level against English sides (10 games, 10 defeats, no goals), he could have scored 3 by now.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Arsenal seeing some ball now, through the efforts of Sagna, Nasri & Song, who are linking well. The others seem isolated though.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Barcelona appear to have started at such a frightening pace, they are now struggling for the first time to maintain it.

Arshavin has injured himself after a poor tackle on Busquets, and has only himself to blame as he's about to be subbed.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Arshavin out. Éboué in.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Barcelona are finding so much room through Clichy & Vermaelen, it's as if they are not even on the pitch.

Ibrahimovic's headers are proving so weak, he may as well start using his hip as he did for one chance earlier (it was that bad).

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Bendtner is playing so far up the pitch, and so much on his own, he may as well be in another stadium altogether. Arsenal just can't get the ball and link up. Stats show Barca have had over 70% possession in the first 30 mins, which is incredible.

The only stat that really matters though is 0-0, and that will suit Arsenal.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Somebody needs to print this out and hand it to Ibrahimovic at half time, because he doesn't appear to know where it is as he drags another chance wide from a good position.

Harrod_Football_Goals.jpg

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Gallas now injured, and Fabregas doesn't look fully with it either. Arsenal could use a more demonstrative captain at present. Arsenal took a big gamble starting with both, and the loss of Arshavin is already hurting.

Having said that, it's still 0-0!

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
Fabregas will be missing the next match.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Fabregas booked for a perfectly reasonable challenge that took the ball, thanks to a bit of connivery from Busquets. He'll miss the trip to the Nou Camp which will be a crushing blow to him.

Ibrahimovic took the free kick, and almost smashed it out of the stadium. He is by far the poorest player for Barcelona tonight.

It is a testament to Almunia's early saves that the score at half-time is 0-0, and only serves to highlight Zlatan Ibrahimovic's profligacy up front for Barca.

Wenger will have one hell of a time picking his players up, with the injuries that have so far hit his side.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Barca has come out the block in a frightening display of football mastery. We're struggling to contain them and fashion out chances but we're still in it. With a half-fit (and now demoralized due to the yellow) Fabregas and injured players in Gallas and Arshavin which are both massive players for us and it obviously doesn't look too good.

Almunia has been a beast today or it would have been all over in the first 15 minutes. Don't count us out for another 45 though.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Looks like Pep Guardiola printed that pic out and passed it to Ibrahimovic. 20 seconds into the second half and he FINALLY puts a chance away. Arsenal 0, Barcelona 1.

Game on.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
that yellow card against Fabregas was bull. He'll be gutted.
I cant believe these saves!
The Keepers are brilliant.