BB US 25 - The Endless Writer's Strike season

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
STARTS TONIGHT IN A COUPLE HOURS ACTUALLY!

16 HGs will spend 100 days in the house. So you know the strike isn't ending any time soon. Usually the season would have started a month ago, but they delayed it so that it would run into the Fall season so take up space left from scripted shows that aren't being made...

IT'S THE BIG 25TH "ANNIVERSARY" SEASON (which is kind of a lie, technically it's season 25 but the show debuted only 23 years ago).

The house has a "Multiverse" theme, where parts of the house are done up like previous seasons/themes. So the cast will probably be split up into lamely-names teams at first. It will all be very confusing and hard to follow for a while I'm sure.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh here we go...

They wouldn't ask fans to guess unless it was someone they knew, like a former HG looking for justice...

Danielle/BB3, Britney BB/12-14 and Frankie Grande BB16 did a little scripted thing where they snuck into the house and tried to shoot a time laser to turn back time and allow them to rewrite history from the seasons they didn't win. It was cheesy and didn't make much sense but it makes one of them the leading candidate...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
100 days sounds like too many days!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
IT IS! By Day 70 or 80 most fans get bored and restless and start screaming for it to be over lol.

CaptainWacky

What was the country that tried to do an all year round BB? I think it got scrapped long before it hit a year.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I should hope so -- that's not BB. That's a fetish.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Aaaaaaaaaand the first racist has been expelled.

Not to be outdone, another male HG is being observed for possible stalkerish/abusive behavior...

WHEEEEE!

CaptainWacky

Punishing racists seems to be coming back into fashion!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
CBS used to be really lazy about it, but now they have a DIVERSE CASTING INITIATIVE and a ZERO TOLERANCE policy omg.

Only a decade or so behind BBUK, lol.

It's eviction night tonight... the feeds have been down since yesterday when Luke got ejected. They'll probably come back on after the live show airs... chances are they will cancel the eviction since someone's already gone. There's even a rumor of an 18th (!) houseguest being added...

I can't really watch the feeds for too long in the first couple of weeks, there's just too many people talking over each other to keep up...

CaptainWacky

Of course our BBs were pretty much a free for all too in the early years - I remember a Muslim housemate entering with a VT where he was asked what he thinks of gay people and replying "I hate them!" An obvious attempt at creating a controversial scenario. Once he was actually in the house he displayed no homophobia at all. He'd no doubt been encouraged to be provocative in his VT by producers. He did smash plates on the floor during a temper tantrum for some reason though.

It was only after huge complaints about racism (Jade/Shilpa, hello!) that they clamped down and said "ACTUALLY we hate racism here on Big Brother!"

Last edited:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
So they didn't cancel the eviction. But Luke being ejected put the season in a free-for-all.

The show came up with this elaborate "BB Multiverse" theme for the season, and the whole thing hinges on HGs being divided into groups. Apparently, the original idea WAS to cancel the eviction and introduce a surprise 18th HG instead. BUT, with Luke gone, they couldn't proceed with the twist with an odd number of HGs, so they went ahead and evicted Kristen and canceled the extra HG, which left them with an even 16.

So, as usual, the US BB producers concoct an elabortate, confusing theme, and it all goes to hell in the first week. Par for the course with these people. The problem is that the same few people have been running the show since season 1. They are lazy and complacent, and the show has failed to innovate with the times (it's been on nonstop since 2000). The show is getting old and tired. But it still keeps getting enough viewers and SM hits to be renewed each year, so it clomps on like the zombie it is. Oh well.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
WE'RE TEN WEEKS IN AND THERE'S STILL 9 PEOPLE LEFT IN THE HOUSE GOOD GOD THIS THING ISN'T GOING TO END TILL NOVEMBER!

CaptainWacky

IS THE RACIST STILL IN?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
No he was gone week 1. But the REALITY SHOW VETERAN lady who was on Survivor 3 times in still in there, manipulating everyone to protect her and complaining how she's so over this show. (Cirie).

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh and CIRIE is JARED's MOTHER, which is the only reason he got cast because otherwise they would have rejected him for being a spoiled mysognist brat.

(lol he's already been evicted tho, which is why Mama Cirie is "so over this place" lol)

CaptainWacky

futurama whatever GIF

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
After 100 days, it's over. JAG THE SIKH GUY WON YAY. He's the first person to be evicted pre-jury to come back and win the season.

Instead of a celebrity season, they're going to do a short spinoff show in Decemeber called BIG BROTHER: REINDEER GAMES. A bunch of former houseguests will compete in classic BB challenges. No living in the house, no live feeds. It's like Battle of the Network Stars but with BB people. Only 6 episodes. So... yeah.

CaptainWacky

NO LIVING IN THE HOUSE?