Biofascism takes slap in the face from students.

The Question

Eternal
Sylph Devine said:
Yeah, like it's the first time you trolled jailbait, you fucking racist pedophile.

Um, which jailbait would that be, and how does trolling equate to pedophilia?

S

Sylph Devine

I know she said she was legal. They all do.

Does Mandy treat you cyber-righteous Dan? Those phone calls are hilarious. You must think you're quite the "sophisticate".

The Question

Eternal
^^Riiiiiiiiiight. You're done.

The Question

Eternal
Well, that's a good question, now, isn't it?

The Question

Eternal
^^Pretty unlikely, but I can always compare the IP addresses, now that Firefox isn't interfering with the Admin CP anymore.

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
Because while the parents have legal responsibility, it is only fair that they have legal judgement. Unless you're okay with someone being held liable for actions they do not commit?

First, the descision to get an abortion is not a "legal judgement." It's a personal medical descision that does not involve the law in any way. Second, parents are not held liable for their child's descision to get an abortion. Your argument makes no sense.

The Question

Eternal
WordInterrupted said:
First, the descision to get an abortion is not a "legal judgement." It's a personal medical descision that does not involve the law in any way. Second, parents are not held liable for their child's descision to get an abortion. Your argument makes no sense.

Since there is legal precedent for parental notification and consent to other medical procedures performed on their child, there is. You seem to want to have it both ways here, Wordin -- you want it to be considered legitimate (which it is), but the fact is that it is a medical procedure, and you seem to want to disregard that fact so that you can exempt it from the same parental considerations at work in all other legitimate medical procedures.

The fact is that until a child is no longer a legal dependent of her parents, the parents have a right to notification of any medical procedure performed on their child, because they are expected to be legally responsible for that child, and they cannot be reasonably held responsible for events of which they have no knowledge; that's just common sense, which is why I'm not at all surprised that you can't seem to grasp it.

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
Since there is legal precedent for parental notification and consent to other medical procedures performed on their child, there is. You seem to want to have it both ways here, Wordin -- you want it to be considered legitimate (which it is), but the fact is that it is a medical procedure, and you seem to want to disregard that fact so that you can exempt it from the same parental considerations at work in all other legitimate medical procedures.

I've already demonstrated why abortion is substantively different from other medical descisions, and should thus be treated differently.

The fact is that until a child is no longer a legal dependent of her parents, the parents have a right to notification of any medical procedure performed on their child, because they are expected to be legally responsible for that child, and they cannot be reasonably held responsible for events of which they have no knowledge; that's just common sense, which is why I'm not at all surprised that you can't seem to grasp it.

Under current law, are parents held legally responsible for their child's descision to get an abortion?

The Question

Eternal
WordInterrupted said:
I've already demonstrated why abortion is substantively different from other medical descisions, and should thus be treated differently.

You're evading the question I posed you, so I'll ask it again, and this time, I do expect an answer: Regardless of any "substantive differences," is abortion a medical procedure, or not?

Under current law, are parents held legally responsible for their child's descision{sp} to get an abortion?

I'm not sure what your meaning is, but parents are legally responsible for the safety and well-being of their minor dependents, and any medical procedure, including abortion, carries the risk of physical harm to the patient. Therefore, by virtue of being responsible for the safety of their child, parents are responsible for the consequences of all medical procedures performed on the child -- and that includes abortion.

WordInterrupted

Troll Kingdom Ambassador
Regardless of any "substantive differences," is abortion a medical procedure, or not?

Of course it is. what's your point?

I'm not sure what your meaning is, but parents are legally responsible for the safety and well-being of their minor dependents, and any medical procedure, including abortion, carries the risk of physical harm to the patient. Therefore, by virtue of being responsible for the safety of their child, parents are responsible for the consequences of all medical procedures performed on the child -- and that includes abortion.

So, you're arguing that parents are somehow legally responsible if their child is harmed during a medical prodcedure?

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
WordInterrupted said:
My dear, religious conservatives want to put prayer in school and teach creationism instead of evolution. I don't know why you're worrying about schools serving healthy food when there are people who want to teach the Bible in science class.
With the end result being a dumbing down of the general population. Other than genetics, what determines your IQ? Basically, how much religion do you have to drag around. Religious Conservatives really want a very dumb population. Silent as a dim bulb.

Mandi

Sylph Devine said:
Does Mandy treat you cyber-righteous Dan? Those phone calls are hilarious. You must think you're quite the "sophisticate".

Too much jewpidity in one post......damn bar code