Black Lives Matter...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...and other delights.

It's almost sad. I mean, I knew I had a troll in mind when I made the post, but I hadn't considered where it would go--or how easy it would be to ding a home run.

Started a thread in the WF FB group asking if, by changing the name to "Negroes are Valuable" the Black Lives Matter movement could save more black lives. The response was immediate and obvious: "Volpone hates blacks as much as Storm." "He wishes he was Storm. He's just as racist but not as smart."

The response was easy and obvious and, judging from the lack of rebuttal, totally devastating: [paraphrased] "That you reject outright my suggestion and accuse me of being racist shows you care more about words and virtue signalling than you do saving black lives." Then I came up with a better question: "If you could change the term "Black Lives Matter" to "Fuck America and Everything it Stands For" if it didn't cost you any support, would you do it?" Amazingly I heard crickets.

Bottom line is the WFers don't give 2 shits about black people, they're only a handy tool for virtue signalling.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
That said, I Goggled up what a black person sold for in 1861. Something like $800. Further Googling says that's, like, $25k in 2020 dollars. So maybe black lives really do matter. [marathon]

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
...of course now it is illegal to buy a black person so...

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Depends on what you're buying.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
...of course now it is illegal to buy a black person so...

Buy, yes.

Own, no. If you have the cash, there are cupcakeers who will do anything from clean your house to wipe your ass so you don't have to, to tap dance and sing.

For peanuts too, but don't get too cheap because crack is expensive.

The Question

Eternal
Bottom line is the WFers don't give 2 shits about black people, they're only a handy tool for virtue signalling.

Bingo. Pair that with the fact that one of the BLM co-founders has bragged that they're "trained Marxists" and what you end up with is the fact that blacks are slaves again -- this time slaves to the Democrats' even-more-virulent cousins, Communists.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter

25 seconds in.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Just had something that maybe wasn't interesting enough for its own thread so I was going to stick it in the "Black People in the News" thread, but I can't find that anywhere for some reason:

Now this is just a story and it could be joking but still...

The guy who runs the area where I work is black. He's generally my age and good at his job. I feel like we see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. That said, the other day he was joking with a black woman who is also around our age about being older and said something along the lines of "That's when I knew I was old--someone bumped into me in the store and I was getting ready to have to kick his ass when he said 'whoa, sorry old dude.'" That said, maybe a year ago a guy got killed by cops because his Mom sent him to the supermarket to pick something up and a guy bumped into him (or the other way around). So the other guy pulls a knife, which causes the first guy to pull a gun and pop off a couple shots inside the store.

Now, maybe I'm a pussy, but I can think of once as an adult where I felt like I might need to fight a guy for bumping into me. And that was in a bar where we were both drinking and both interested in the same girl. But if I ever needed to go to the supermarket for sugar or whatever and managed to bump into someone, probably the worst that would happen is the passive-aggressive glare. I can't get my head around the idea of having to fight someone at any perceived slight.

The Question

Eternal
That's what happens when TNB is celebrated by the very people who ought to look down on it. Worst of all, it doesn't seem to be a self-correcting problem. No matter how much black on black violence there is, they never do seem to figure out, on a cultural level, "Hold on, this is fucking stupid. We should quit glorifying this shit."

And, of course, if you're not black, you can't tell 'em. If you do:

Black people can't tell 'em, either; if black people tell the TNB idiots to cut that shit out, suddenly those black folks who tell 'em are, "ackin white."