Blackadder's mother died

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
And, by that, I mean actress Elspet Gray.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2013/feb/19/elspet-gray

Very good obituary that shows she was a lot more than Blackadders mum!

But really she was very good in The Black Adder and I maintain that it's an underrated series and YES I agree the other three are funnier but it's still great.

[YOUTUBE]u5A55eWbiBI[/YOUTUBE]

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Season 1 of Blackadder is a complete mess when it comes to cohesion. I mean --And I might be wrong here; as to the episode-- a scene in the Witch Smeller Pursuivant where the script is so lazy as to have them use a magic spell to literally appear where the main cast need to appear, so to continue the haphazard plot without any explanation. It's jarringly terrible writing but somehow the first season (nice budget btw!) really does hold some charm, that even sets it apart from the greatness of what comes after it. After Goes Forth I still think the first season is the most rewatchable, warts and all.

Anyway, R.I.P Elspet. Born in Inverness. A far nicer "city" than I ever imagined before I went there myself on multiple occasions. You don't need a reminder to even hear her voice..that's the point, right?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I forced my children to watch Fawlty Towers, The Armando Ianucci show and Blackadder. Everything else they discover themselves...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I want to find a clip of her saying "your brother Harry is afraid of spoons" but can't.