Blacks demand reparations. So should jews demand reperations from the blacks?

Tyrant

Do blacks owe reparations to the Jews?

Here is yet another smart response to the demand for slavery reparations, posted at Front Page magazine a couple of years ago in response to a piece on that contentious subject by David Horowitz:

I want reparations too... fair is fair

Well now let me get this straight. Blacks in America (presumably even those who have immigrated here long after slavery was abolished) want reparations from the American government. Who shall pay for this? Will it be only white Americans, hence a White Man Tax, or will all Americans be required to Shoulder the burden? Now you take me for example; I am a white man whose parents came to the USA in the 1950s. Am I too required to pay a White Man Tax?

On second thought, my ancient ancestors, the Hebrews, were in fact held as slaves of the Egyptians; a group of people often said by blacks to have been black Africans. Hmm...I guess in that case, all Jews should also be entitled to reparations from blacks. And since this event happened some three thousand years ago, well the interest on the money owed is going to be murder.

Bring your checkbook Jesse; you're going to need it!

We might add that not only were the Hebrews held in slavery by those black Egyptians, but, while the blacks in America served only two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil, to quote Lincoln's Second Inaugural, the Hebrew slaves in black Egypt served 400 years! And they had to work a lot harder, building them pyramids. And then there was the little matter of the slaying of the male children of the Hebrews, while the lives of black slaves in America were carefully protected as valuable property.

In any case, it's a neat rhetorical point. From now on, every time some black activist or pseudo-scholar starts ranting about black Egypt, he should be hit with a demand for black reparations to the Jews. That will shut up the black Egyptian hustlers real fast.

Now the Hebrew-centric argument against black slavery reparations may seem to break down when we remember that the Hebrews despoiled the Egyptians of their wealth as they were fleeing Egypt, and that no comparable windfall came to America's freed black slaves and their descendents. Unless, of course, we count the several trillion dollars in racial cash transfer payments, the unearned college and graduate school admissions, the unearned high-level jobs, the unearned promotions, and the unearned deference and esteem that white America has extended to blacks from 1964 to the present.

Discuss

SaintLucifer

beer, I want beer
Messenger said:
Do blacks owe reparations to the Jews?

Here is yet another smart response to the demand for slavery reparations, posted at Front Page magazine a couple of years ago in response to a piece on that contentious subject by David Horowitz:

I want reparations too... fair is fair

Well now let me get this straight. Blacks in America (presumably even those who have immigrated here long after slavery was abolished) want reparations from the American government. Who shall pay for this? Will it be only white Americans, hence a White Man Tax, or will all Americans be required to Shoulder the burden? Now you take me for example; I am a white man whose parents came to the USA in the 1950s. Am I too required to pay a White Man Tax?

On second thought, my ancient ancestors, the Hebrews, were in fact held as slaves of the Egyptians; a group of people often said by blacks to have been black Africans. Hmm...I guess in that case, all Jews should also be entitled to reparations from blacks. And since this event happened some three thousand years ago, well the interest on the money owed is going to be murder.

Bring your checkbook Jesse; you're going to need it!

We might add that not only were the Hebrews held in slavery by those black Egyptians, but, while the blacks in America served only two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil, to quote Lincoln's Second Inaugural, the Hebrew slaves in black Egypt served 400 years! And they had to work a lot harder, building them pyramids. And then there was the little matter of the slaying of the male children of the Hebrews, while the lives of black slaves in America were carefully protected as valuable property.

In any case, it's a neat rhetorical point. From now on, every time some black activist or pseudo-scholar starts ranting about black Egypt, he should be hit with a demand for black reparations to the Jews. That will shut up the black Egyptian hustlers real fast.

Now the Hebrew-centric argument against black slavery reparations may seem to break down when we remember that the Hebrews despoiled the Egyptians of their wealth as they were fleeing Egypt, and that no comparable windfall came to America's freed black slaves and their descendents. Unless, of course, we count the several trillion dollars in racial cash transfer payments, the unearned college and graduate school admissions, the unearned high-level jobs, the unearned promotions, and the unearned deference and esteem that white America has extended to blacks from 1964 to the present.

Discuss

Now this post I admire. It is logical and well thought out. Well done.