Bo Selecta Michael Jackson special

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Bo Selecta was pretty funny when it first started (A LONG TIME NOW), but it got progressively worse each series. Leigh Franciss can still be amusing sometimes though and I always liked his Michael Jackson because he didn't always go for the easy jokes and sometimes just had him drinking a glass of peas or something. So it might be good. Probably not (it's on tonight.)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I've set the skybox to tape it, so hopefully it will, but the thing tends to have a mind of its own some nights

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'll have to wait for it to be shown on C4, but I'm not sure I want to see a whole episode with the MJ character. He wasn't one of my faves.

CaptainWacky

Okay, it's been on a minute and I'm already crying laughing at Joe Jackson's giant hand beating him saying "I AM a motherfucker, motherfucker, I fucked your mother!"

CaptainWacky

It were proper bo. A welcome return to form. Some bits went on a bit too long as uaul or just weren't all that funny, but on the whole there were more laughs than anti-laughs, and the laughs were pretty big laughs. I laughed. The Uri Gellar stuff was particularly brilliant. And the steak and kidney pies. The ending was actually quite touching and respectful too. WATCH IT (Menty might even like it.)

"It'll be out on Mega Drive (and Master System, for the poor kids!)"

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Leigh Francis is apparently a big MJ fan and I never had a problem with his previous pisstakes of MJ (enjoyed them actually) because it was surreal and as Wacky said didn't just rehash old jokes.

I will have to watch the new stuff to make a judgement though. MJ being dead jokes don't really colour me as particularly funny, unsurprisingly, but I will hold off for now.

CaptainWacky

There weren't many jokes about his death (there wasn't even a parody of him dying, it ended with the "this is it" press conference.) David Gest was on it making a speech about Michael watching from Heaven and laughing with everyone else.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was ok, not as great as some of the others, the Madonna clit bang advert was the highlight for me.

CaptainWacky

His hair was on fair for seven days without him noticing!

CaptainWacky

Does Quincy Jones really start every sentence with "I can't drive a car, but..."?

CaptainWacky

[YOUTUBE]1qOVDFeHhMU[/YOUTUBE]