Brian and Stewie travel back in time to nazi Germany?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was so stupid it was mildly amusing and Brian Blessed was a guest voice. WHO SAYS FAMILY GUY IS WORTHLESS!?!?! It's just mostly worthless.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Didn't know Brian Blessed was much known in the US.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They also do jokes just for the UK, I doubt many people in america would have got the Terrence Trent Darby joke.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Terence Trent Darby was a hit over here too, in the late 80s. We got that one.

I don't think I would ever go to a London Sissynannys football game, though.

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
Yeah I remember Wishing Well!

What always struck me as funny was that The Dandy Warhols (a Portland band i saw live just before they had anything but local radio play) were bigger in England than they ever were here.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I love the Dandy Warhols! And I think their documentary DIG! explains why they almost, but didn't quite hit the bigtime in the US.

CaptainWacky

Well Flash Gordon is quite well known in the US, isn't it? And that's what Blessed was referencing.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yah, I was going to mention Flash Gordon. BB is a pretty accomplished actor so while not being well known over there he would have some visibility and Family Guy likes obscure references anyway.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have all the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serials on DVD.

But I haven't seen the Family Guy episode in a while so I forgot what was said LOL.

CaptainWacky

If youtube just had clips of EVERYTHING like they should then it would be easier! :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Or if Hulu were available outside North America...

CaptainWacky

OR THAT

whisky

Boobie inspector
Seth McFarlan has said in the commentaries on the DVD that sometimes the jokes are so obscure there might only be four people in the world would get it.

CaptainWacky

Has he ever admitted that maybe some episodes aren't very good and maybe they shouldn't have Conway Twitty playing for three minutes?