Can I have my PM's activated?

Malarky

Resident Smartarse
Eff that noise. Post counts are critical to knowing how we should treat everyone. I'll admit this now, but we were discussing a ranking system, similar to TrekBBS where the higher post count members can have their own forum. The first forum that was going to get locked as a privilege was the Mine Field. However, there are a few posters down there that don't have the post count high enough for the restrictions we were gonna put on it, so the whole idea was scrapped.

It may go back to the drawing board, soon. So, keep your eye out.

I have a solution for that. Check your PMs.

Malarky

Resident Smartarse
I have a solution for that. Check your PMs.

Posted per request:

Malarky said:
Conchaga said:
Eff that noise. Post counts are critical to knowing how we should treat everyone. I'll admit this now, but we were discussing a ranking system, similar to TrekBBS where the higher post count members can have their own forum. The first forum that was going to get locked as a privilege was the Mine Field. However, there are a few posters down there that don't have the post count high enough for the restrictions we were gonna put on it, so the whole idea was scrapped.

It may go back to the drawing board, soon. So, keep your eye out.
Find all the regular MineFielders (refugee Lonafites included) that have a post count lower than the threshold you want, then just bump their count up to the minimum threshold. In case of dual accounts, say such as mine, just use the primary account if the duals don't meet the minimum. Of course, in cases like $M Bruce Gayboy, hmm.

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I disagree.

The more you have, transversely, the more likely you are to have a quality post. It's throwing all three darts at the same time. You may not score a direct bullseye with all of them, but you'll get darn close with one.

I would argue that Time would have a greater chance of yielding "quality" as opposed to volume. You can flood with a basically repetitive "line" of posting (re: St. Luci) with little of quality even with a large number of posts.

Even my SB account, which has been active for almost 9 years (with a year's hiatus) is less than 3000 posts I think. Very little of it is spam or posting without thought. Of course, very little of it is "trolling" either...mmmm...

(goes off to think on this).

However, with all due respect, your "1,000,000 Monkeys on 1,000,000 typewriters for 1,000,000 years = Shakespeare" type statement is flawed.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Mirah is mostly almost always certain.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I would argue that Time would have a greater chance of yielding "quality" as opposed to volume. You can flood with a basically repetitive "line" of posting (re: St. Luci) with little of quality even with a large number of posts.

Even my SB account, which has been active for almost 9 years (with a year's hiatus) is less than 3000 posts I think. Very little of it is spam or posting without thought. Of course, very little of it is "trolling" either...mmmm...

(goes off to think on this).

However, with all due respect, your "1,000,000 Monkeys on 1,000,000 typewriters for 1,000,000 years = Shakespeare" type statement is flawed.

It's also about timing during the response.