Cheney Attacked in Afghanistan.

Tyrant

eloisel said:
First, he asked how I felt about it - not how you felt about it.
And you instead responded with a ridiculous hyperbole as to how Cheney's behavior is consistent with Republican values because it doesn't include flaying his homosexual daughter, and somehow not hypocritical.

Second, I don't think not calling civil unions of same sex couples marriage makes them 2nd class citizens. They can call themselves any damned thing they want. The issues should lay with the benefits married persons get with regards to tax breaks, insurance, etc. Some of those are issues that can be addressed in the corporate world - such as insurance, and some are already provided by our current laws - living wills, trusts, wills, beneficiaries, co-ownership, etc. There is still much to do. However, crying that poor little homosexuals can't call themselves married means about as much to me as poor little homosexuals running around calling themselves girls. If you want to talk about second class citizens, then lay it all on the table - I can't qualify for gov't money to make house repairs because I make too much money, I'm the wrong nationality/color, and I've always worked for a living; I don't get a tax break because I'm single, I can't park in the handicapped parking space even though I am ill, I don't get to cry racism when the black chick at the store disses me because she believes only white people can be racist; I can be fired, fined or sent to jail for saying something that a homosexual, fat, retarded, black, mexican, homosexual, bi-racial, and/or gender surgically altered person might find objectionable - but, I can be insulted all day long by the same cry babies because I'm white and it is all good. On top of that, I've been listening to the liberal/Democrat/nut tards whine, moan and groan for so freaking long when they don't do anything to help, just undermine the GD country with their neverending bellyaching, I really would give up my pacifist ways just to slug one in the mouth just once even though it means I'll have to beat myself with a whip and wear a hair shirt for 6 months as pennance. Now, that is how I feel about it. How you feel about it may differ.
That's great, but why would you try to paint Cheney as the greatest father in the universe when he supports a party which marginalizes a group his daughter belongs to?

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
Sorry, refusing to redefine an ancient and venerable cultural institution just to accomodate the disgusting behaviors of filthy and repugnant sexual deviants does NOT make those filthy and repugnant sexual deviants "second class citizens".
"Sorry" ? Are you new? I think people know how I feel about homosexuality, and that it's not something which should be condoned as it currently is. Maybe if you weren't so eager to express your beliefs as hatefully as possible, thus fueling the fire of unconditional equality by any means necessary, people wouldn't dismiss you as a know-nothing bigot.

Of course, we all know you aren't.

Gurk_MacGuintey

Valhallan Ambassador
Messenger said:
Maybe if you weren't so eager to express your beliefs as hatefully as possible, thus fueling the fire of unconditional equality by any means necessary, people wouldn't dismiss you as a know-nothing bigot.

What's "hateful" about calling disgusting homosexuals repugnant perverts?

This is what they are.

By using the term "hateful" you fall into the trap of allowing the leftist vermin to control the terms of the debate.

Tyrant

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
What's "hateful" about calling disgusting homosexuals repugnant perverts?

This is what they are.

By using the term "hateful" you fall into the trap of allowing the leftist vermin to control the terms of the debate.
Giving leftists control over the terms of debate is precisely what you are doing.

When you cannot help but refer to every group being discussed using slurs and insults, what you are doing is giving leftists ammunition by saying that your opposition to idea [x] stems from irrational and ignorant dislike.

Homosexuals are disgusting? Fine. But your need to mention this over and over only reinforces the already prevalent misconception that all those who aren't multiculturalist, homosexualist, respect-all-opinion proles are nothing more than schoolyard bullies.