CHER in Vanity Fair magazine...soooo FABulous!!

chervanityfair5.jpg

Cher, as fabulous as ever at age 64!!
I just love how sassy Cher is, she tells it like it is with no utter bullshit between the lines! ;)
Highlights of the Vanity Fair Cher interview...
Cher on Sarah Palin and Jan Brewer:
“I got so obsessed with [C-SPAN] that it was kind of interfering with my life. Sarah Palin came on, and I thought, Oh, fuck, this is the end. Because a dumb woman is a dumb woman.” On the subject of Arizona governor Jan Brewer, Cher says, “She was worse than Sarah Palin, if that is possible. This woman was like a deer in headlights. She’s got a handle on the services of the state, and I would not let her handle the remote control.”

Cher on her family and drugs:
“It’s weird, because both of my children had the same drug problems as their fathers—same drug of choice. My father was a heroin addict, and my sister’s father was an alcoholic. But it jumped us…. I didn’t not do drugs because of moral issues. I tried a couple of drugs, but I never felt good out of control. I have the constitution of a fruit fly. I can’t do coffee, but I can do Dr Pepper.”

Cher on aging:
“I think Meryl [Streep] is doing it great. The stupid bitch is doing it better than all of us! But I don’t like it. It’s getting in my way. I have a job to do, and it’s making my job harder.”
“I’ve been screaming at the top of my lungs at my family, ‘Work out! Work out! Old age is coming!’ At some point you will need the strength. Who would have ever thought you would get this old?”

Cher on parenting and whether her children are still angry with her:
“I think Chaz is pretty much finished with it, and I think Elijah has a little longer to go, but they both really love me a lot. But it’s hard.”
“One time, when Chaz was little, we were on a field trip, and she said, ‘I’m so pissed off, Mom. You can never not be Cher—we can never just do something.’”She concludes, “So your kids pay. I did the best I could do, and yet it was definitely lacking.”

Cher on paying taxes:
“I would be willing to pay a lot more taxes, because I make a lot more money, but I don’t want to give them more to just fuck things up more. It really should fall on people like me to get together and do things to help the people in this country. If you’re not worrying about how to put food on your table, you [should be] worrying about why other people don’t have food on their table. I remember a great America where we made everything. There was a time when the only thing you got from Japan was a really bad cheap transistor radio that some aunt gave you for Christmas.”
39667original.jpg

Theatrical trailer for "Burlesque"
Christina Aguillera will be awesome in this film...look out Britney!!
[youtube]1PiPYAz7f0Q[/youtube]

Another quote from the interview...
Obviously, the woman who launched a thousand drag queens enjoys being a girl -- a fact she makes clear when discussing daughter Chaz Bono's recent gender-reassignment surgery.

"If I woke up tomorrow in a guy's body, I would just kick and scream and cry and f---ing rob a bank, because I cannot see myself as anything but who I am -- a girl," she explains. "I would not take it as well as Chaz has. I couldn't imagine it."

In fact, the superstar admits she still gets confused when referring to Chaz's gender. "She's a very smart girl -- boy!" Cher says, correcting herself. "This is where I get into trouble. My pronouns are f--ed. I still don't remember to call her 'him.'"

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
So OLDulous YA MEAN!!!!!!!!

Only joking! ;) ;)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I've always liked her. She's honest about who she is, and knows what her place is in the universe as a celebrity, for better and worse.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love her. I wish Sonny & Cher was on in reruns somewhere.

THE TV WORLD NEEDS TO GIVE US SONNY AND CHER, AND THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW, IMO.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I wish you had broadband -- I just "acquired" a bunch of Carol Burnetts.

I only found 2 Sonny & Cher episodes available AT A CERTAIN EVIL PLACE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'm still waiting for Obama to give me the high speed internets :rwmad:

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Cassie, we'll be waiting 4evr.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm still waiting for Obama to give me the high speed internets :rwmad:

My home town is shortly to get high speed broadband, only the idiots plan of filling most of it up with payTV channels that I can already get on SKY.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I got a nice handjob during Burlesque.

She's still a hag, though.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
14494344602483216742.png

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
lol @ judgement....it a statement of fact ;)