Colin Powell says Iraq in a 'civil war'

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/29/powell.iraq/index.html

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) -- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Wednesday that Iraq's violence meets the standard of civil war and that if he were heading the State Department now, he might recommend that the administration use that term.

Many news organizations and analysts are calling the Sunni-Shiite sectarian warfare that exploded this year, killing thousands and causing widespread displacement, a civil war.

Powell's comments -- made in the United Arab Emirates at the Leaders in Dubai Business Forum -- are significant because he backed the war and was the top U.S. diplomat when the United States invaded Iraq in 2003. (Watch why some call Iraq's violence a civil war )

Bush has avoided using the term "civil war" to describe the situation in Iraq.

Ok Bush supporters, Powell says Iraq is a civil war, Bush says it isn't.

Who do we believe? Powell, a decorated and experienced military officer, or Bush, a failed one term weekend warrior with no practical military experience and the brain power of a turnip?

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Colin Powell oughta know... he helped create the situation.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
I'll put it this way. A colon can create shit that can just get flushed away. A bush creates problems constantly and gets way too annoying at least once a month.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
CoyoteUgly said:
Colin Powell oughta know... he helped create the situation.

Yeah, but at least he's not walking around denying there's a problem and basking in total ignorance of the situation.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
Conchaga said:
I'll put it this way. A colon can create shit that can just get flushed away. A bush creates problems constantly and gets way too annoying at least once a month.

In that case, a bush also helps to create the most wonderful things in the world, whereas a colon just creates shit.

Bushes are better.

Laker_Girl

Mrs. Big Dick McGee
^Yes, I know.

Tyrant

Shut up, you stupid republobot.