Coronavirus and Sports,..The Effects.

CeeJay

NEW AGE POSTING
Maine men's basketball team, citing COVID-19 related issues, opts out of rest of season

Maine's men's basketball team has opted out of the rest of the 2020-21 season due to COVID-19 issues, the school announced Saturday.The team made its decision Friday, with the school's president and athletic director supporting the decision. "Our players' safety and well-being will always come first," Maine coach Richard Barron said. "We simply could not safely put a team on the floor over the next few weeks or safely return p layers to playing after over six weeks off. Despite the challenges we've faced this year, we remain grateful for the opportunities we have here at UMaine and eagerly look forward to representing Black Bear Nation again soon."The Black Bears played nine games this season, but haven't played or practiced since Jan. 17 and were 2-7 overall before announcing its season was over.Maine is the second team this week to opt out of the remainder of its season, following Howard's announcement earlier this week. Bethune-Cookman, Chicago State and Maryland-Eastern Shore are the other schools to opt out of this seas on, as well as the entire Ivy League.

Click Here For Full Story
 

CeeJay

NEW AGE POSTING
NBA postpones San Antonio Spurs-Detroit Pistons game

The San Antonio Spurs' game against the Detroit Pistons scheduled for Tuesday night has been postponed as the Spurs do not have the league-required eight available players needed to proceed with the contest, the NBA announced. The Spurs (16-11) had a positive COVID-19 test, and with subsequent contact tracing, the team does not have enough available players for the game. The Pistons (8-19) are next scheduled to play Wednesday at the Mavericks.

Click Here For Full Story
 
Aw, darn. No more niggerball? Somebody will have to get word to the CIA to shuttle more crack into the hood to keep you lot culling yourselves. More Planned Parenthood offices, too, for the same purpose.
 

CeeJay

NEW AGE POSTING
Indianapolis to relax COVID-19 restrictions before Big Ten, NCAA men's tournaments arrive

Indianapolis will relax coronavirus restrictions on the city's bars and restaurants starting next week ahead of the upcoming Big Ten and NCAA men's basketball tournaments. The changes will allow bars to operate at 50% capacity instead of 25% starting Monday, while restaurants will see their indoor restaurant capacity increase from 50% to 75%. Bars, restaurants and music venues will also be able to close two hours later, at 2 a.m., instead of at midnight. Mayor Joe Hogsett says the capacity and time changes were prompted by drops in the city's COVID-19 cases and its coronavirus positivity rate, and not due to the upcoming Big Ten and NCAA men's basketball tournaments.

Click Here For Full Story
 
Top