COUNTDOWN to True Blood Season 4 Thread

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Fiona Shaw Joins 'True Blood' As Regular

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Monday November 8, 2010 @ 4:00am PST

EXCLUSIVE: This is major news for True Blood fans. The new regular role on the HBO vampire series for next season went to veteran Irish theater actress and director Fiona Shaw who is probably best known in the U.S. for her role as Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter movies. On True Blood, she will play Marnie, a mousy, timid and secretly self loathing storefront medium and palm reader who is taken over by the spirit of a powerful witch. The character was originally envisioned younger but is being adjusted for Shaw. Shaw is currently onstage at Dublin's Abbey Theatre in a limited engagement of Henrik Ibsen's John Gabriel Borkman opposite Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan. On U.S. television, she previously co-starred on ABC's limited series Empire.

'True Blood' Nabs 'Dexter' Showtime Alum

By MICHAEL AUSIELLO, TV Columnist | Thursday November 11, 2010 @ 5:29pm PST

EXCLUSIVE: HBO's smash has made its second major Season 4 hire: Dexter actress Courtney Ford is joining True Blood as a recurring. The actress — who ironically just completed a stint on another vampire drama, The CW's The Vampire Diaries — will play Portia Bellefleur, a classic Southern beauty who runs her own law practice. The character is the sister of Bon Temps' bumbling detective Andy (Chris Bauer). The news comes just days after Irish actress Fiona Shaw was cast in the series regular role of Marnie, a self-loathing medium who becomes possessed by a witch.

HBO's 'True Blood' Adds Female Trio And Promotes Jessica Tuck to Regular

By MICHAEL AUSIELLO, TV Columnist | Tuesday November 23, 2010 @ 9:00am EST

EXCLUSIVE: Janina Gavankar (The Gates, The L Word) has joined True Blood's upcoming fourth season as a regular. Additionally, Alexandra Brecekenridge (Dirt, Life Unexpected) and Vedette Kim (As the World Turns) have come on board the HBO smash as recurring. Meanwhile, co-star Jessica Tuck has been promoted to a full-fledged series regular.

Gavankar will play Luna, a super-sexy public school teacher and shapeshifter who is first seen attending an informal gathering with others like her. Brecekenridge, a noted voiceover artist who can regularly be heard on Fox's Family Guy, will play Daisy, a member of a wiccan group founded by Marnie (new series regular Fiona Shaw). Finally, Main Title-repped Lim will portray Naomi, a fierce fighter who participates in underground cage matches for money.

Tuck, repped by Michael Greene and Assoc., joined True Blood as even-tempered vampire mouthpiece Nan Flannigan in season 1. Her role was beefed up considerably last season, so news of her full-time upgrade doesn't come as a complete surprise.

The flurry of True Blood castings arrive one week before production on season 4 is scheduled to get underway.

THAT IS ALL.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh, and Denis O'Haire just opened in a play on Broadway called Elling with Brendan Fraser. The critics didn't like the play or Fraser, but they loved Denis. Also Jennifer Coolidge, who is a funny woman.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well season three was kind of shit so I can't see myself getting too excited about any True Blood news (though hopefully Courtney Ford will spend as much time topless on this as she did in Dexter (a lot of time.).)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I think we need some Alcide pictures, Eggs...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Well season three was kind of shit so I can't see myself getting too excited about any True Blood news (though hopefully Courtney Ford will spend as much time topless on this as she did in Dexter (a lot of time.).)
C'mon, it had the single greatest watercooler moment in the show's history...

40059_463262410538_697410538_6803712_3034329_n.jpg

Instant Emmy nomination for that speech.

Tisiphone

Awesome moment.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I really liked season 3. I thought the pacing was far, far better than season 2's, although I must admit they dropped the ball with Russell and the Wolves, who were both built up really well as dangerous villains, only to lose all their huff and their puff as soon as they were challenged by the heroes. And all the twisty stuff in the last episode lacked drama for some reason.

Tisiphone

We should be getting more wolves next season.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
with a little more depth, I hope.
A werewolf is a horrible thing to waste.

Tisiphone

Unless it's in my bad OI SNAP

CaptainWacky

C'mon, it had the single greatest watercooler moment in the show's history...

40059_463262410538_697410538_6803712_3034329_n.jpg

Instant Emmy nomination for that speech.

Yes, that was probably the best moment of the whole series...and it was followed up with two episodes of nothing happening.

AS WELL AS all the build-up for Russell and the wolves being for nothing, there was the fucking Arlene subplot taking up 10 minutes of every episode, when it could have just been ended by someone saying "BABIES CAN'T BE EVIL YOU STUPID BITCH", pointlessly introducing new subplots in the last few episodes that won't play out until season four when what we actually wanted was a decent resolution to season 3 (and will anyone actually care about Sportys Guy taking V in season 4?), limited screentime for Hoyt/Jessica when they're by far the most likable characters, Sookie and Bill turning into the most boring characters in the show and forgetting how to act (Sookie in fairy land was the season cliffhange? Really?) and Hambil thinking Jason's new girlfriend was "exotic."

SO THERE.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HBO launching 'True Blood' blog

Feb 10 2011 09:29 PM ET
by James Hibberd

HBO is about to unveil a new way for fans to keep up with True Blood.

The network will announce on Friday a production blog called “Inside True Blood” that will give fans behind-the-scenes details of production on season four. The idea was prompted by the success of the network’s production blog on Game of Thrones.

The blog will have real-time contributions from Gianna Sobol, assistant to series creator Alan Ball, straight from the set.

The first post goes live tomorrow at 9 a.m. at http://inside-true-blood-blog.com and all I know is it contains this sentence: “Today’s call sheet includes the words ‘hostage,’ ‘bites,’ ‘dinner’ and ‘Eric.’”

I assume they mean 9AM ET, which is in just under 8 hours. Troll alert! http://inside-true-blood-blog.com

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
HBO says i have to register to read it...did you get that too or is this just more racism against Canadians!?!?!

CaptainWacky

I suppose it was nasty of me to shit all over this thread, looking back (though I think I made valid points.)

((Have to register in the UK too, fuck it.))

CaptainWacky

I suppose it was nasty of me to shit all over this thread, looking back (though I think I made valid points.)

((Have to register in the UK too, fuck it.))

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I plan to SQUEE for Eric.