Depression Descriptions

Mirah

I love you
I feel like a shell of myself
I feel sorrow about things
I don't seem to feel joy and laughter
The other night when I laughed at something it was manic and turned to tears I was laughing so hard
and then the tears turned to more sorrow, even over something happy
even eating ice cream is not much joy
Nothing is joy
everything is sorrow

Mirah

I love you
The need to hear live music with a connection to the community, this town sucks because everybody is old and retired blues?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I feel like a shell of myself
I feel sorrow about things
I don't seem to feel joy and laughter
The other night when I laughed at something it was manic and turned to tears I was laughing so hard
and then the tears turned to more sorrow, even over something happy
even eating ice cream is not much joy
Nothing is joy
everything is sorrow

I miss a time that never really existed.

CaptainWacky

The Question

Eternal
Jesus. No wonder some of you are depressed. You're fixated on depressing shit. It's like feeling bad is a choice you've made. Can't hardly feel any sympathy for people who obviously want to feel bad.

CaptainWacky

Should I acknowledge
Not acknowledge
the death of my friend last year?
I ask myself:
Am I silly for feeling grief this month?
Then I go to her page and find all of her friends feeling the same
I feel better

:mrsa:

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
This will be a tangent of sorts, but my very first girlfriend kicked the bucket about 3 weeks ago and it hit me harder than I figured was possible. At least we ended things nicely between us, even though we'd sort of drifted apart over the past 25 years or so we managed to remain friendly and have a few laughs along the way.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I'm having a similar experience.

Mirah

I love you
This will be a tangent of sorts, but my very first girlfriend kicked the bucket about 3 weeks ago and it hit me harder than I figured was possible. At least we ended things nicely between us, even though we'd sort of drifted apart over the past 25 years or so we managed to remain friendly and have a few laughs along the way.

Not a tangent at all really. Sorry to hear that.

The Question

Eternal
I never judge anyone for thier depression.

I do. In passing. How many dragonflies just give up and die in the downpour under the drain spout.

Nobody fucking cares. That's how many. Get the fuck up and soldier on, or die quietly. This world was not engineered to pamper your ass for bringing nothing to it but melodrama. Pull your weight or shut up.

The Question

Eternal
Nothing is depressing.
Depression is internal. It is irrespective of stimulus. And, largely, it is a choice. Depression is either escaped from through anger or surrendered to.

CaptainWacky