Dexter: Season 5

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
No current thread for Season 5?

It got off to a slow start this year and the whole Lumen thing is slightly contrived but it's still just first rate television and it's heating up in a big big way now. Loving it as usual.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I didn't like the first few episodes, but now that Dexter and Lumin are teaming up the show is getting much more interesting.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I liked his revelation at the end of the first episode of this season where he realized he had loved Rita.

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
Yeah, I found Lumen really irritating in her first few episodes but I started to sway once it was revealed that she was right about the guy she shot. I kinda like that murder in tandem is being portrayed as some redemptive/healing pursuit. My inner anti-hero is pleased.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Holy shit... Dexter is really getting good. I keep wondering how he's going to fix the mess he's in, when he doesn't even know YET.

ALSO, I wonder how long they're going to keep him and Lumin together. I know I read somewhere that she's going to be around for awhile, but I don't know if that means till the end of the season, or if she'll get another one. Once all her tormentors are dead, will she want to keep on killing? Will she someday start to think of Dexter as a monster?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OMG BEST EPISODE EVAR!

Ishcabittle

Lumen's the only person in Dexter's whole life (besides his victims) that he has been honest with. It's a pretty massive turn. What I'd like to know (with only one episode left) is whether Julia Stiles is going to return for next season and they're going to do the killing duo thing for another round.

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
I'd like to see how their relationship develops once her personal aims are accomplished and they're hunting other psychos. And Deb's reactions to the thought of the vigilantes makes me wonder if her finding out about Dexter might not be such a bad thing.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If Deb really does find out about Dexter the way the previews make it seem for the season finale (which could be a TRICK), I wonder if this means they're preparing for the end of the show? I know they've already renewed for season 6, but as much as I love Dexter it won't go on forever.

ALSO, I was never so happy for someone to die as when Dexter finally stabbed whatshisface in the van.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I know I shouldnt peek at the spoilers but it just sounds so gooooood.
still need to get caught up with season 4 on DVD for xmas [HINT HINT MINIONS]

Ishcabittle

I'd like to see how their relationship develops once her personal aims are accomplished and they're hunting other psychos. And Deb's reactions to the thought of the vigilantes makes me wonder if her finding out about Dexter might not be such a bad thing.

count me in on that tip as well, but usually the "guest star" only lasts for one season. Lithgow, Smitts, the crazy british chick, his brother - they all go away. Julia Stiles would be nice to have around for two seasons in a row but something tells me she's shipping out in one way or another.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I take it Jonny Lee Miller is/will die soon. :(

(I don't have Showtime right now)

Cinch

Axe Wielding Maniac
I'm hoping that Johnny Lee Miller will count as the guest star for the season and gets the outs. All of the others were someone that was in conflict with Dexter. While Julia is a big-ish name I'm hoping that she'll be longer lasting.

14thDoctor

Sex Panther
ALSO, I was never so happy for someone to die as when Dexter finally stabbed whatshisface in the van.
I'm still hoping he comes back next season as Robocop.
While Julia is a big-ish name I'm hoping that she'll be longer lasting.
I really, really hope so too. We all know Dexter's going to be okay at least until the end of the series, so there's more drama with Lumen around, since there's actually a chance she might get caught or die any episode.