Did you hear how the american life on mars ended? Spoilers for both

whisky

Boobie inspector
As anyone who watched the british life on mars will know, the last episode was something of a masterpiece, where the hero wakes up in the present from his coma, realises how shitty his real life is, and jumps off a tall building to commit suicide, so he can return to the past again even briefly at the cost of his own life.

The american version has him wake up on a spaceship, actually heading to mars, to find life, all the other cops are his crewmates, and they are going on a "gene hunt"

If the show was cancelled anyway why not go the route of the british ending?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
To be different? "Gene Hunt" is a lame pun though.

whisky

Boobie inspector
But if he is actually from 2025, how come he only remembers stuff from 2009?

CaptainWacky

Yeah, that is pretty dumb. And why would have be flashing back to the seventies? That makes sense if he was a kid in the seventies, not some FUTURE SPACE ASTRONAUT MAN.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Why would he even know proper police procedures as an astronaut?

CaptainWacky

Maybe he read a lot of detective fiction on the long flight to Mars?

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I rather enjoyed the Series Finale of the American version.

That {type of} ending's how I pictured one way STAR TREK, as a whole, could have a Final Finale.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Similar to the ending of The Britarse Empire, where Gordon wakes up on a train carriage and the main characters are all passengers. The woman who kept babies in drawers turns out to be a nun.

CaptainWacky

Didn't he die at the end of one series but then Chris Barrie realised he didn't have anything else to do and made another series so he somehow came back to life?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Thats right, I think they even ran him over with a steam roller specifically because he said there was no way he wanted to come back.

I think they said he was bionic after that, which made no sence, but still slightly more sence than all 8 years being a dream

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked how the leisure centre would blow up at the end of every series, usually thanks to Colin.

CaptainWacky

WHy the fuck did we ever watch The Britas Empire?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I watched the first episode on Youtube earlier. It was kind of good... had some oddball moments, but still watchable. The nostalgia factor helped a lot, though. I'm gonna watch the rest of the series again.

They're all here http://www.youtube.com/user/bubblebibbit

CaptainWacky

Well things are usually better and more "pure" in the first series before they get all stupid and have a woman who has babies in drawers and stuff.