Dirk Funk Q&A Thread

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
It's actually a long story. If you want the ADHD shortened form, it's this: I saw a reference to the site while I was lurking at SDN (stardestroyer.net) If you want the background here it is. I founded alt.startrek.vs.starwars in 1997 because the debate was clogging up alt.startrek and rec.arts.sf.starwars.misc. Almost every web board about Trek or Wars is an offshoot of those three Usenet groups. Mike Wong left ASVS (alt.startrek.vs.starwars) in 2002 to start his own board stardestroyer.net. Wong was always my nemesis, so I never bothered much at his board. I preferred the anarchistic Usenet over his controlled and one sided environment. (Which has gotten even more locked down over the years) As Usenet declined, most ASVSers either moved over to his board, or went elsewhere. A few of us still post the occasional thread there. Earlier this year, I decided to post at SDN again as a favor to an old friend. I quickly remembered why I hated the place, and decided leave again. But while I was there, I noticed a reference to this site. So I decided to check it out. I signed up under the name Dirk Funk instead of the name I used at ASVS and everywhere else for the last 12+ years: Tyralak. Mostly because I wasn't sure of the place, and didn't want to use my usual name. Doesn't much matter to me now. (I've since signed up at rEFCL and LoNAF under the name Tyralak) I decided to stay, because the dynamic here was so similar to early ASVS. Which is highly ironic, given ASVS's attitude toward trolls. Anyway, that's basically it. Probably way more than you wanted to know.

Mirah

I love you
That is a lofty goal for 5 years. I say extend it out to 10 and reach for smaller more attainable goals by 2 year incriments. For example your first goal could be to obtain moat and in two more years you could obtain a bridge for that moat.

Mirah

I love you
I would say pray for the alligators, they might show up at any time. But if they don't by the time you have the moat you can buy them at your local hardware store for only $500.00 each.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I would say pray for the alligators, they might show up at any time. But if they don't by the time you have the moat you can buy them at your local hardware store for only $500.00 each.

Outstanding idea. I wonder if crocodiles are more expensive.

Pandora

missmanners' favorite toy
Outstanding idea. I wonder if crocodiles are more expensive.

You can get Water monitors usually less than a $100 for hatchlings depending on where you go. There are also Crocodile Monitors that are mean as hell dont know the price though.:peace:

Mirah

I love you
Well that could fit into the goals.
*Komodo Island/ Check
*Dragon/Check
*Moat/Check
*Castle/Check
*Subjects/Check

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
any other questions? Bueller?

jack

Is it faster to go to New York, or by train?

jack

Is it hotter in the spring?

Or in the country?

jack

What is Multiple Personality Disorder?