Doctor Who fans to lose their shit again (season 14)

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Promoting things is for cowards.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They only do that kind of promotions on the S train (for Shuttle), which only goes back and forth between Times Square and Grand Central Station along 42nd St. The ride takes about 60 seconds.

The thing that surprised me was that they've taken out most of the seats in at least that car (it's usually 3 adjoining cars). BACK IN MY DAY...

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Read a RTD interview today where he's like "we're gonna take this hard-woke." So yeah. I thought just plain ordinary RTD Who stories were horrible, so just think how fun they're going to be if they're sanctimonious and preachy. Also, he mentioned they redesigned the sonic screwdriver because he thought it looked too much like a gun and it was a bad message for children. So yeah. I guess time for another 15 year hiatus, maybe with an attempted relaunch somewhere in the middle. :(

whisky

Boobie inspector
I know it's not been on live yet but I watched them on iPlayer, so last chance to back out before spoilery reviews.
Space babies is ok, the babies look creepy, there are a few heavy handed references to abortion and immigration, I don't many people will remember anything about this episode by next week.

The devils cord winks too much at the audience, literally, please stop that, we know we are watching a TV show, we don't need you being Agatha all along.

This is the episode with a drag queen, I grew up in the 70s I've always seen men in dresses on TV, most of them made sense in context though, this is a literal god, so why is he Dame Edna'ing?

Also a little early to have Ruby saying, your never scared of anything when, a, she's been with him a few days, and b, he was literally scared on your last adventure with him.

CaptainWacky

Quite a few of the expositionary lines in the first episode seemed lifted directly from RTD's first go-around at relaunching Who (I suppose it's been 19 years though.)

They proabably didn't need to do the same "babies...SPACE babies" joke 700 hundred times.

The first episode ends with them returning to Christmas 2023 but in the second Ruby says she's from June 2024. So did they have six months' of adventures we didn't see or is it some time-wimey shit?

The villain just kept reminding me of Matt Lucas.

It would have been funny if they were (non-lethally) run over when they were dancing on the zebra crossing at the end.

CaptainWacky

Why was the song "there's always a twist at the end" when there was no twist at the end?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I think the defeated baddie in every episode announcing the coming of "The One Who Waits" or whatever is the season-long twist...

CaptainWacky

That's literally just a character saying "YOU ARE NOT ALONE" or "Bad Wolf" being in the background every week.

Lanzman

No-one of consequence
I've heard from some Who fans that I trust that this new stuff is just unwatchable drek. Haven't seen it myself as I've not got a Disney+ subscription any longer.