Dog and an iPad this week

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
So I eventually got the wifi on the iPad working. But like nothing else seems to. Is the screen broken or do all iPads come with a broken screen by default? Because when I click on something the right thing almost never happens. I eventually got iPlayer working on it and tried to play Never Mind The Buzzcocks but it got stuck after ten seconds. IS THIS PROGRESS?

CaptainWacky

I tried to look at TK (ON AN IPAD) but the page couldn't be found.

CaptainWacky

I got it to work. I am posting. On TK fr,om. An Ipad. How exciting.

Kitty

Sinless and Purrfect
You, my friend, are posting through a prism of the future.

The iPad is a great device for the medical industry, etc. From a business standpoint, it replaces the clipboard with real time network interface and updates. On the recreational viewpoint, what's the real point of having it besides just flaunting the newest shiny gadget out there?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
This a simple test to determine whether you're worthy of owning an Apple product. On first initiation, the iPad scanned you and compared your appearance to that of archetypal user Justin Long.

Just grow your hair a bit longer, maybe grow some poncy looking facial hair and wear an overly thought out "something I just, like, threw on" outfit and it should start up normally.

CaptainWacky

I am watching an old episode of Caprica on an iPad. Lacy's nose looks nice on an iPad.

CaptainWacky

My Amazon delivery just came and now the van is stuck outside because of the snow. I'm not going to offer to help.

CaptainWacky

I could call for help on the iPad I suppose...

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Nah. Go out there and pelt it with snowballs.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If you press the Y key you can triple your productivity.

CaptainWacky

Hmm, they have the internet on computers now...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This a simple test to determine whether you're worthy of owning an Apple product. On first initiation, the iPad scanned you and compared your appearance to that of archetypal user Justin Long.

Just grow your hair a bit longer, maybe grow some poncy looking facial hair and wear an overly thought out "something I just, like, threw on" outfit and it should start up normally.
It also helps if you bang Drew Barrymore a few hundred times.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
^But would you really want to? She'd probably giggle the entire time.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Nah, she's already got that crooked "stroke mouth" so she probably makes wild animal/Helen Keller noises.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I popped up to London for a conference last week, and as I was coming back on the train, a scruffy, unshaved bloke who looked like a tramp, walked through the carraiged with an iPad playing what looked to be an episode of Jackass. He was holding it at arms length in front of his face and looked an idiot.

I would probably use one if I got one, but there's enough negatives to have put me off when I popped up to Brighton intending to buy one shortly after release. My mind hasn't shifted since I got to use it for that hour or so.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Normally I feel like a complete idiot WATCHING TELEVISION in a public place, and I think anyone else who does it looks kind of foolish too. But I could see having one for long train trips out of town. But not on the subway or a local bus. Then it's back to looking like an idiot.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I've watched a few episodes of Lost on the train on my iPod, but that was easy enough to do without looking an idiot on such a relatively small media player.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I tried whipping out my 17" laptop in a packed train during the ride up for Thanksgiving, so I hear ya.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
You'd completely fit in on our trains. Just about every other person has a blasted laptop open, and is e-mailing, playing games, watching movies or tv, or working.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
This is the first laptop that is officially too big to use on the train unless I have two seats. It has an extended keyboard with numerical keypad on the side. It's a wide mofo.

But then, it could just be me getting bigger too. Sigh.