Dollhouse has a decent chance of being renewed!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know

Seph

Retired Account
good luck

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I read about that on scifiwire the other day. If they do bring Dollhouse back, I hope it's better next season, cause it really sucked most of the time.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
This is one of those shows that if it gets canceled I'm really not going to care, it was not that good in general.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well I don't think it "really sucked" but there were a few sucky episodes and elements (Topher) and lots of room for improvement. I'd be glad if it came back as I enjoyed it on the whole and hopefully it would improve. AND MORE AMY ACKER.

Terminator seems likely to be axed though, which is sad and if I had to choose I'd want it back over Dollhouse. :(

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, I liked Terminator a lot more than Dollhouse. I even liked the episodes everyone else didn't care for.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Frankly they both should be renewed, although it did get off to a shaky start I can't say there was an episode of Dollhouse I outright hated, it was just finding it's feet as a series.

I hate it when people want a show cancelled because the first few episodes aren't the best episodes on television ever created.

CaptainWacky

CANCEL STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well, I don't want Dollhouse canceled or anything, I just didn't think it ever got much better. There is no denying Duckshoe's terrible acting, and they're not gonna bump her off the show. Plus Topher always has that stupid shiteating grin on his face, Alpha should have sliced him up. THEN they got rid of Helo's hot neighbor! wtf?

CaptainWacky

I liked Mellie at first but her acting wasn't all that great either.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She's a better actress than Helo! lol

CaptainWacky

I think he's been pretty good. His best episode was when he had angry sex with her.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He should consider lipstick next season. His lips are too white.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's official-ish:

Welcome to Another Season of 'Dollhouse'

Fox has ordered a second, 13-episode season of the Joss Whedon sci-fi drama "Dollhouse," people familiar with the matter said.

Many media types had written off the show for dead, since its ratings on Friday have been...suboptimal. And yet, insiders at the network have been cautioning for weeks that the show shouldn't be cut out.

Last month, TVWeek reported that, "Fox executives are holding out a glimmer of hope for the show, noting its loyal core and its strong DVR numbers." The reason Fox wanted to take a chance on the show: Whedon's audience is loyal and predictable, and it's not hard to see Fox's sales department arguing that it's easier to sell a 1.2 demo rating from "Dollhouse" than a reality show averaged a 1.6.

It's also good business for sister studio 20th Century Fox TV, which always does a good job exploiting properties via DVD and iTunes sales.

As part of the deal to bring back "Dollhouse," it seems likely 20th will have to deliver the show to Fox at a lower cost. However, executives at the network and studio aren't talking right now, making it tough to get details on the deal.

CaptainWacky

Even the sleep clinic one?

RIGHT, THANKS FOX, NOW YOU MUST OBEY SHIRTLESS THOMAS DEKKER AND RENEW SCC...

ctmelvital

more cookies please?
Yep, really surprised by this. We'll see how it goes. Haven't had the time to watch the last few epsiodes (not to mention that the longer format CONFUSES ME! I CAN'T DEAL WITH EPISODES LASTING LONGER THAN 42 MINUTES!) but will now definitely catch up once I find the time.

CaptainWacky

But you must still make some distinctions based on quality and enjoy certain episodes more than others.

Thomas Dekker wants YOU.

[YOUTUBE]V7B2IYR-HCo[/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/dollhouse-second-season.html

The move is tougher to explain than most, especially based on the show's ratings. A “Dollhouse” pickup is a shock, an underdog comeback that blows away NBC’s will-they-or-won’t-they hand-wringing over “Chuck” (psst, they almost certainly will). In fact, "Dollhouse" might very well be the lowest-rated in-season scripted drama to ever get a renewal on a major broadcast network. Almost certainly if based on where the show concluded -- a 1.0 among adults 18-49.

Just wanted to give BDM a glimmer of hope for Chuck!