EGGS MAYO LOOK HERE

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
struck the set for My Fair Lady yesterday. All that work undone with drills and crowbars in under two hours....

just painted flats now - two minutes after this picture I pulled off all the wall moldings:

MFLstage001.jpg

but this is what they looked like to the audience on Saturday night

102_3079-1.jpg

102_3082-1.jpg

Last edited:

curiousa2z

"stained glass door window" & "brick walls" of Hhenry Higgins' doorway

MFLstage006.jpg

curiousa2z

Eggs, here's a stagehand taking away the dreaded "Column" I kept emaling you about

MFLstage003.jpg

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
By George I think she's got it!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If I'd known you were recreating wood paneling I could've sent you a ton of reference images I have of a building that's decked out with it.

The set looks/looked great, though. That bird cage is a very nice find.

curiousa2z

^wasn't it great?...people were very generous loaning stuff out.
we also scored a really old phonograph from the local museum...they came in carrying it wearing white gloves and we had to sign a contract that no one would touch it! lol

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
YAY I found it! :)

Everything looks like it turned out great! Especially your Higgins-peeping column. :D

WAAAH I want to do a show again!

p.s. The movie of MFL will be on TCM this weekend...Saturday at 5PM ET. ;)

curiousa2z

^oho! thanks for the heads up! :smooch:

I wish I'd had the courage to go backstage and take pics of the Ascot costumes - but they were all running around in chaos and it's hard to escape notice in such small quarters. The old ladies who volunteer hours and hours of time sewing were brilliant - as usual. I don't know how they do it. The dresses were black and white patterns- sumptuous and elegant. And the hats of course were outrageous.
Fun! :)