External Harddrives

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
You mean like Dropbox, or Google drive? The external will not only serve as a storage, but will also allow you to access your stuff and, for example, stream your music via mobile and from any web browser. Aside from the obvious risks of sharing stuff online, it's easy, free, and allows you to exchange files with anybody you want.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I just picked up a usb Phillips half a terabyte (500gig) external for 34.95. Works like a charm. I've been storing all my HD comic scans in there and it's nice to finally have enough cheap space. Doesn't seem to be crash prone and since it's bubble memory the internal battery lasts for 6 months without plugging in. Very cool.

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
Thank you Jack! thank you Eggs! The reason i ask is that, I buy a lot of music and because I don't always have access to cable, I have to buy TV shows. I have a good sized hard drive. I don't feel I should buy a new computer just because iTunes used up all mine. A terabyte external would be terrific to store all my media. Also I have some software called
Songbird( free) that is a mimic of iTunes. I realize iTunes doesn't condone piracy, but I paid for my shit, even if it was gift cards on sale.