Finally I've got episodes 12-24

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Yay. I've hd the first 11 episodes of Lost for what seems like forever. I downloaded the 11th episode in England over a year ago. Now Natasha, one of my mothers English students has lent me the rest!

Finally get to see the rest of the fucking episodes!

C

Cloudy

I'm nearly at the end of season 1.... had a really weird lost-related dream a couple of nights ago.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Episode 21 is on here tomorrow so NO SPOILERS BEYONDETH THAT POINTETH. Episodes 18,19 and 20 are the best (so far), by the way.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm going to put my pizza in the oven, pour a vodka lemonade, spark a ciggerette and watch episode 12 and beyond for the rest of the depth of night.

I will post periodically during my Lost marathon since I wach everything on Power DVD anyway and TK is only one click away!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't it weird how nobody remembers Locke being in a wheelchair like when they were, like, checking in.

whisky

Boobie inspector
People in wheelchairs are invisible, or have you never noticed how people look away when they see cripples?

No, the recuring theme on lost is, parents are bad.

Non spoilers for UK so far.

Jacks dad, drunk doctor, convinced Sawyer to kill a guy who turned out to be innocent.
Lockes dad, evil millionair pretended to like his son after abondoning him for 40 years purely to steal his kidney.
Suns dad, evil crime lord
Walts mum, evil bitch who ruined his dads hopes and dreams, then stole his son away from him, not even letting him read the letters he used to send him.
Hurleys mum, control freak never letting her son leave her side.
Sawyers mum, had an afair with a man that ended up stealing all sawyers dads money.
Sawyers dad, killed his mum then himself, all in front of sawyer.
Jins dad, not actually a bad man at all, but Jin had shunned him most of his life as he was ashamed he was a simple fisherman, until he himself had sunk lower than he perceived his dad to be.
Charlie, dont know about his parents, but his brother sure is an arsehole.
Claire, her parents we dont know about, but the father of her child was a right twat who abandoned them both as soon as she got knocked up.

I dont think I have missed anyone, but from what I have read about season two, the worst dad is yet to be reveiled.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
You should have told me, mate, I would have lent you the discs you needed! If you need season two, lemme know, I'll see if I can download them in the New Year.

Lost is "good", but it's not great. Veronica is better, IMHO. The biggest problem I have with Lost is that you'll have like 5 episodes in a row where nothing happens. At all. It's maddening.

CaptainWacky

IT's a slow burn, like when I'm torturing homeless people. But there is some BLATANT filler that could be cut down on.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Veronica Mars and Lost are like apples and oranges though. I find it tough to compare them. I enjoy both immensely whilst watching a whole bunch of episodes in order.

Lost does sort of skirt the issues a bit, this is true. I have reservations about Lost because whatever the "secret" is to the story I can't see it being anything but anti-climatic. But the writing is very solid so I will keep faith that they will pull something cool off. I just hope it isn't some uber technology or anything, that would suck.

CaptainWacky

I hope it's not all a dream.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I'll fly to Los Angeles and kick JJ Abrams in the teeth if it's all a dream. Then I'd say, "Oh yeah, the last two seasons of Alias SUCKED!" as I pissed on him.

CaptainWacky

Isn't the fact that Alias started to suck a worrying sign for the future of Lost?