Former NFL QB Steve McNair shot to death.

Rafterman

There's no place like home-
NY Times
Steve McNair, a Super Bowl Quarterback, Is Shot to Death
By JUDY BATTISTA and CHRISPublished: July 4, 2009Steve McNair, the former N.F.L.quarterback whose Air McNair nickname gave short shrift to his scrambling ability, died Saturday, apparently in a double shooting, according to the Nashville police.

Enlarge This Image
Nick Laham/Getty Images
For 11 years, Steve McNair was the franchise quarterback for the Tennessee Titans. He played his last two seasons for the Baltimore Ravens.

Related

Times Topics: Steve McNair

McNair, 36, and an unidentified woman were found dead with gunshot wounds Saturday afternoon inside a condominium in downtown Nashville, the police said.
The Associated Press quoted a police spokesman saying that the woman was not McNair’s wife, Mechelle.
McNair shared the league’s Most Valuable Player award with Peyton Manning in 2003, when McNair played for the Tennessee Titans. He played for the franchise for 11 years, taking it within inches of overtime against the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl after the 1999 season. He retired before the 2008 season, after 13 years in the N.F.L. (he played two seasons in Baltimore) as one of the best quarterbacks of his era.
“The N.F.L. has lost a brother, and I believe black quarterbacks have lost a pioneer,” said Jets linebacker Bart Scott, who played with McNair in Baltimore.
The Houston Oilers, who later moved to Tennessee, drafted McNair with the third overall pick in 1995 out of Alcorn State, a historically black college where McNair first displayed his dazzling ability to scramble or throw — and a toughness that pushed him to play through numerous injuries. Other players marveled at his grittiness, and in 1999, he returned from early-season back surgery to take the Titans to the Super Bowl.
The greatest stretch of his career may have occurred near the end of the 2002 season, when McNair had so many injuries that he could not practice for two months, but led the Titans to five straight victories to finish the regular season before they lost in the American Football Conference championship game.
In 2003, McNair was charged with drunken driving and possession of a handgun. Those charges were dismissed. In 2007, McNair was charged with driving under the influence in Tennessee, accused of allowing his vehicle to be operated by someone who was driving under the influence. His brother-in-law was driving the vehicle, and he pleaded guilty to reckless driving. The charge against McNair was dropped.
McNair was a gifted athlete in Mount Olive, Miss. He was even drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 35th round of the 1991 baseball draft, and bigger colleges had recruited him — but they wanted him to play defensive back. As a college sophomore, he led the nation in total offense, averaging more than 400 yards a game and displaying the ability to play through injuries. As a senior, he gained nearly 6,000 yards rushing and passing, along with 53 touchdowns, and finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting.
“Steve was special and as tough and competitive of a guy that I have ever been around,” said Jets Coach Rex Ryan, who was an assistant with the Ravens from 1999 to 2008. “As soon as we got him in Baltimore, he gave our team instant confidence, and I was fortunate to be around him for two seasons.”
McNair was a genial locker room presence, and he was embraced by the Ravens in part because of his close friendship with linebacker Ray Lewis, who was said Saturday night to be having a difficult time dealing with McNair’s death. Ravens receiver Derrick Mason called McNair “Smile” and said their families were close.
“I’ve known him for 13 years, and he was the most selfless, happiest and friendliest person I have known,” Mason said. “On the field, there isn’t a player that was as tough as him, especially at the quarterback position. What I have seen him play through on the field, and what he dealt with during the week to get ready for a game, I have never known a better teammate.”
Scott had his first career interception off a McNair pass in 2002. When McNair joined the Ravens, Scott said McNair signed the ball for him.
“Me personally, I’m not a guy who’s like a big fan of football players; it’s not my personality,” Scott said. “But I tell you one thing: Steve McNair’s Tennessee Titans jersey sits down in my basement. I’m not a fan of players, I’m a fan of people. And I was a fan of Steve McNair the person.”
McNair was an anomaly when he came to the N.F.L., displaying Michael Vick’s penchant for running before Vick did, combined with the booming arm that earned him his nickname. McNair went to the Pro Bowl three times. In his M.V.P. season he threw 24 touchdowns and only 7 interceptions; he also rushed for four touchdowns. He finished his career with 174 passing touchdowns and 37 rushing.
McNair was traded to the Ravens in 2006 after the Titans drafted quarterback Vince Young, who was advertised to have McNair’s combination of skills.
“He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans,” said Bud Adams Jr., the Titans’ owner. “He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl.”

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
So, the moral of the story is, don't cheat on your wife and have a girlfriend on the side, 'cause some women are crazy bitches who won't put up with your empty promises for long. :)

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
There's speculation he was in the process of getting a divorce. Maybe she was just psycho.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
"NASA did a study to try and discover if there were any hazards associated with women menstruating in a zero-g environment. Of course there's a hazard. In space, the crazy bitches can fly!" - Ron White