Game Of Thrones 2.6 'The Old Gods and the New'

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Theon completes his master stroke. In King’s Landing, the Lannisters send Myrcella from harm’s way in the nick of time. Arya comes face to face with a surprise visitor; Dany vows to take what is hers; Robb and Catelyn receive crucial news; Qhorin gives Jon a chance to prove himself.

Should be good!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
IT WAS FANFUCKINGTASTIC

Tisiphone

I'll wait until I know others have seen it, but I wanted to say that Maisie Williams (Arya) is right up there with Peter Dinklage in acting chops. That girl deserves an Emmy alone for holding her own with Charles Dance episode after episode. Perfection.

Oh, and I'm gonna have to find out who plays Jaquen, because he's the zexy.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I loved it too.

I've always been sad for Theon. He's a shit for turning against the Starks, but I know he loved them even as he was betraying them. He just wants his dad to be proud of him.

I want more Arya.

Tisiphone

Yep, I feel the same way about Theon too. Especially in this episode, you're just like "Nooooooooooooooooo Theon! It will never make him love you!!"

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Excellent episode! Got to be my favourite of them all. Every scene moved the plot along and it was frequently tension filled, edge of the seat stuff. The scene with Arya trying to avoid Baelish's gaze was particularly gripping, as was the riot and Tyrion's subsequent rant. And Joffrey got hit again! YAY!

I don't have any sympathy for Theon. Yeah, I get that he's had a dysfunctional upbringing and he wants to prove himself, but he just makes one shitty decision after another. He is truly a lost cause.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I wonder if this means they're gonna leave out Vargo Hoat and his whole gang...I don't remember hearing about anybody being cast, and the character's whole lisp thing might come off as an ill-advised attempt at humor. Most of this shit they do could be taken care of by other characters, like Biter & Rorge.

Also, this is (I think) the first mention of Bolton's bastard that we've heard...I don't remember him being cast either, but whatever they do, I desperately hope they don't tone him down (he's truly horrifying in the books.)

Also also: Ygritte is hawwwwwwwwtttt

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
5196.imgcache.jpg

CaptainWacky

This is the point where things start to payoff that have been building in the first half of the season.

The opening part was pretty great. Rodrik's death was really well done Bran and Rickon crying and Theon unable to kill him with one swing LIKE A REAL MAN.

Riot scene was really good, though almso a bit Walking Dead when they pulled the High Septon's arm off.

GOOD TO SEE the Hound in action and finally calling Sansa "little bird" though of course it would have been better if their other interactions from the book had been included...

Jon Snow got bum-wanked.

Why didn't Cat introduce Brienne to Robb? Why didn't he ask who the giant woman was?

Poor Dany's still just a teenage girl with baby dragons so it's hard to get obnoxious people to give her ships. Where was Jorah? And actually where was Bronn during the riot?

Arya/Tywin stuff was good though I wonder where it's going since it wasn't in the book and I don't like being blind!

Even Shae was fine this week!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
OH... I was wondering about the Tywin and Arya stuff. I couldn't remember any of that happening, especially him telling her about Jaime's reading problems.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
hmmmmm....just starting Feast for Crows so everything leading up to this is fresh in my mind and none of that sounds familiar. weird details to leave canon for.....

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Atrocities: 8/10
Rape: 5/10
Tits: 2/10

Arya is great, definitely, and even though I really like The Wire I have to admit that Aidan Gillen is better as Peter Baelish.

CaptainWacky

IS NO ONE OUTRAGED AT THEM KILLING IRRI?

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
IS NO ONE OUTRAGED AT THEM KILLING IRRI?
I don't remember seeing any blood...or Dany being like "poor Irri" (if she were dead, that'd make Dany kind of a bitch, wouldn't it? "oh look Irri's dead too what a shame--OMG WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY DRAGONS...")

Irri's just resting!

Tisiphone

Nymphadora Tonks is a nympho. But for the right reasons.