Game Of Thrones (tv series) ongoing discussion thread (WITH TRAILER)

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Why people insist on using the word Fag I am not really sure.
1. It's a term for a "whipping boy" from public school language in the UK - not relevant
2. It's an offensive term for a homosexual male - also not relevant as you have no idea if he is, or is not gay.
3. It's a low rent term when you can't think of anything clever to say - Ah... yes that might be it.

Jon Snow is a bastard, who is constantly struggling against his background while being ambitious. He is a surly, inward person (and very young) during the first book at least. So I think the look is not way out at all.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I think he's cute, and headvoid is right. Jon Snow is YOUNG in GoT. If HBO continues making series for the books, the actor and the character will grow up together. I don't imagine Kit Harrington will still have that babyface in three or four years.

WINTER IS COMING, MOFO :rwmad:

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
YOU TELL HIM CASSIE

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
None of the characters are ever going to look exactly as described or you would imagine. Peter Dinklage really isn't ugly enough to be Tyrion but he's still going to be awesome.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I use fag in the cop out sense of the word. of course I don't know if he's gay. and i didn't mean it like he's a gay-homosexual-not-that-there's-anything-wrong-with-that anyway.

I'm just sayin. he's pudgy.

Ok, not pudgy... but... oh nevermind.

CaptainWacky

Have we had a look at Samwell yet?

Cock

I want him to be Dennis from that show ..... Head of the Class

377601892_301138ab54_o.jpg

Cock

don't see him on IMDB.... maybe because he turns up later in the series?

Cock

I approve of Arya
Maisie2.jpg

CaptainWacky

Suitably fat!

Cock

Sir Piggy! very good!

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Arya - anecdote from set
Today's work features Arya Stark (Maisie Williams). As always, she's in terrific form. And here's an exchange I witnessed which should illustrate why she's such a joy to work with. Dan Minahan is working with Maisie on a bit of action involving Arya's prized blade (Needle):

DAN: Wait, are you left-handed or right-handed?

MAISIE: Well, I'm right-handed. But Arya's left-handed.

My eyes widen. Indeed, Arya is described as left-handed in George's books. I just assumed we had lucked out and found an actor who happened to be left-handed. But, no! Upon further investigation, I discover Maisie expressed early on that she wanted to learn her sword fights left-handed to honor the description in the original novels. She's already shot a sequence involving some complex choreography that would challenge any actor, not to mention one not using her favored hand. What a kid!

CaptainWacky

It would be interesting if the child playing her was really transfomred into a stone cold killer from working on the show.

Cock

yes,..... interesting.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/10/sean-bean-and-george-rr-martin-on-game-of-thrones/

There’s a major news feature on the HBO TV adaptation of George RR Martin’s epic fantasy book saga A Song Of Ice And Fire in the new issue of SFX. The series is being called Game Of Thrones, named after the first book in the series (but losing its “A” along the way) and here we have an except from the article, with Sean Bean talking about his character, “Ned” Stark.

“Eddard Stark has a sense of duty, honour and loyalty, but is surrounded by backstabbers and betrayers, people who want to gain power, who want to gain the throne, and will do anything to achieve that,” says Bean.

Game Of Thrones certainly doesn’t pull any punches when it comes to depicting the violence and bloodshed of George RR Martin’s world.

“Some of it is pretty awful,” admits Bean. “One of my friends gets stabbed in the eye, and I just stand and see that, then I have to fight this man. It just erupts out of nowhere, there’s just a flashpoint and it is just very messy. I think an audience will be very interested.”

“There are very few actors,” says executive producer David Benioff, “who have that sort of warrior spirit. These are people who grew up fighting each other with swords and Ned is someone who is at war for most of his life, and Sean’s got the ability to convey that.”

George RR Martin says of his experience working on the show, “My deal is that I write one script a year – so I wrote episode eight of this season. ‘The Pointy End’ is the title of that episode, adapted from the book. I’ve also been involved in the casting and various other discussions. David and Dan do consult with me once in a while, and sometimes they listen to me and sometimes they don’t! But I definitely feel like I am part of it.”

Read the full article in SFX 206, on sale now.

WINTER IS ALMOST HERE