Hartley Sawyer fired from the Flash

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Someday people will learn to scrub their social media in case they said something when they were trying to be funny 8 years ago. The Flash is one of the worst shows, anyway.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Firing someone for something they said 11 years ago seems a bit of a stretch.

I'd be interested to know what the black actors on the flash think of this.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I'd like to know who is going through ancient tweets from someone who's not very famous.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Send Ralph to a dimension where time moves faster, he returns in an instant twenty years older and played by Jim Carrey.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The examples on there didn’t seem particularly notable considering they were so old. Holding people accountable for their past actions is all very well, but it denies the idea that people can grow.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I like Jonathan Haidt.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
A similar worrying trend I’ve seen on Twitter lately is when someone’s opinion differs greatly from that of the majority they’re often dismissed as a bot, rather than being engaged with. Basically dismissed as not even being human because of their heretical ideas.

I’m not denying that there are bots on twitter, but pretty much every time I’ve seen this happen it’s looked very likely it was a real person with genuine views.

Starship Coyote

Original Gangster!
Try having right of center viewpoint at TrekBBS's TNZ. It's... interesting.

The Question

Eternal
Who needs government to punish "wrongthink" when cancel culture will gladly do it for them?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The whole internet has turned into tumblr.

whisky

Boobie inspector
There are to be no more repeats of little Britain because they impersonated people of different races.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

An episode of Fawlty Towers famous for coining the phrase, “Don’t mention the war!” has become the latest “classic” British television programme to be taken down from a BBC-owned streaming service, as broadcasters continue to conduct a reappraisal of old British television content.

The episode of the 1970s sitcom – in which John Cleese as Basil Fawlty goose-steps around a Torquay hotel while shouting the phrase – was recently removed from the BBC-controlled UKTV catch-up service.

NO GOOSE STEPPING!

The Question

Eternal
Start reading books, fuckers. The woketard cancel culture bullshit is going to take everything that isn't badly written, woodenly acted sermonizing pablum off television and theater screens, anyway. You may as well get a jump on the switch back to print now. And stick to Indie.

I'm not just saying this because I create and sell indie stories and books. I'm saying it because if you want anything that doesn't watch or read like a neo-Marxist cult tract, that's where you'll end up looking for it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

The Question

Eternal
Just remember, kids, "thinking they're doing the right thing" has always been built right in to the book burner mentality.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It was because it featured multiple uses of the N word,nothing to do with the German stuff (not sure why they had to take it down when I've seen versions of the episode with that word removed though.)
OH, I had no idea about that.

Edit to ask - were they being racist, or were they satirizing racists? I haven't seen much of that show, and the ones I did watch would have been years and years ago.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It was the old man called the major, a character so old his father would have been in the boar war, and brought back a disrespect for Africans.