Has anyone here ever seen the Jar Jar Free version of The Phantom Menace?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

Seph

Retired Account
i bet its like an eternal orgasm that lasts 2 hours.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I think you underestimate the intelligence of the character.

I have made this point before, but the second trilogy had some parallels to the first trilogy. Lucas has to bring a new and younger audience with him on a journey towards darkness.

My 6 and 7 year old boys enjoyed Jar Jar and as they grew older have rather paternal affection for him now. They realise he was stupid and not a serious character, but they were brought into the story at that age. I myself was 7 in 1977 so there are some similarities with my journey through the original trilogy.

No doubt my boys will partake in some internet sneeriness of Jar Jar later in life, but they will always have a guiding affection for him. Darkness follows light, and it is only this contrast that allows the new trilogy to be so compelling to a new audience.

whisky

Boobie inspector
How would the story even work with him removed?

Obi Wan and Qui Gon just randomly jump into a lake and find the gungans?

Amidala just randomly realises the gungans can help them in the fight?

I'm glad these people werent around in the original trilogy or we could have ended up with the 3POless edit of a new hope.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
What would ROTJ be without the Ewoks?

(Wait, bad example...)

whisky

Boobie inspector
So the rebels arrive on endor, cut to Luke giving himself up to Vader, cut to the sheild generator blowing up, cut to space battle, film ends with Luke burning Vader?

CaptainWacky

I love Palpatine manipulating Jar Ja in AOTC, leading to Palps gaining "emergency" powers he never gives up. JAR JAR KILLED KIDS.

Seph

Retired Account
do u know suicide statistics went up 30% when jah jah hit the screens.

CaptainWacky

Yeah, but that's because I was murdering people and leaving "I did it because of Jar Jar!" notes to cover it up.

Seph

Retired Account
just doing ur bit for the public.