Here's a photo of a monkey and some thoughts on Shit My Dad Says

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Funny_monkey.jpg

Because Shit My Dad Says was so bad it doesn't even deserve its own thread.

I only watched it til the end because of the Shat, but I don't think I'll be making a habit of it. Why are old fashioned three wall set sitcoms like this still made?

Now, I did think the tweets fitted into the rest of the dialogue pretty smoothly, but that's only because every single joke was an analogy. It got samey very fast.

Only good thing really was that the guy playing the Shat's son actually looks a bit like him.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Firstly, I need to thank you for warning me about a show with a concept that I felt was dead in the water to begin with. Secondly, I didn't need to see a little monkey sucking its own cock, so here's a picture of the PG Tips chimps.

gallery_first_ad_400_400x300.jpg

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
My auto-fellating monkey has a level of personal freedom that those upper class chimps can only dream of!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Yeah, but he can't lift a piano down the fucking stairs, can he, London-boy!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Do you know the piano's on my foot?

You hum it son, I'll play it.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Like I said in the other thread, I'm giving it a couple of weeks to find its stride just because I like Shat in grumpy old guy roles, and I like Will Sasso and that blonde from Mad tv. The young guy sucks, but if they can get past the "gotta have Shat say something curmudgeonly" phase, it might be good.

That said, it would have been a hell of a lot funnier if the raccoon in the first episode had been a self-fellating monkey...just sayin.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Saying curmudgeonly things is the entire premise of the show, I don't think that will go away.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah but they don't have to cram them in. Shat's a strong player in that regard, if they give him a little wiggle room.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, it felt like every Shat line was a putdown or wise ass aside and it was unnecessary. It'll be interesting if after a few episodes they introduce the Twitter related fame.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
They should just show the twitter feed on screen for half an hour every week instead of the sitcom.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Does the Twitter Feed go like this

"Help Son, I think I'm having a heart attack. Put the laptop down and call an ambulance, help...."

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
If they could somehow show the wisdom behind some of the shit his dad says, it would be much better. Just having him be a grumpy old man who says things grumpily, then having the hysterical laugh track laughter telling us to we're supposed to be laughing, is really annoying.

Some of the US TV networks are stuck on the old sitcom format. I have no idea why so many people still enjoy that type of presentation. It looks outdated and fake.