Hey Jack: Kim Thompson died

Donovan

beer, I want beer
On the same day as James Gandolfini. Probably a coincidence though.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah me too. 51 ain't all that far from yours truly. Sucks when people your own age start dropping...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Kim Thompson is (was) a comic magazine publisher who ran a message board for indy comics snobs and creators. It was home to the now legendary wars between Danny Hellman, Ted Rall, and Jack among many many others. Kim (a guy) was a bristly curmudgeonly prick more often than not, but again: sucks to see people you actually interacted with suddenly gone. A chunk of my facebook contacts are people I either met at that board or grew to know there, and for the most part comic creators and artists are good people.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah, Kim was one of the producers of The Comics Journal and Fantagraphics. In the early days you could draw him out and troll him into a meltdown, but he stopped doing that after a while and put the place on banhammer lockdown.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

Cory

Banned
I didn't hear about Kim untill a few days later he taught me the word Uncouth Idiot when trying to describe my amateur writing style. I left a message on the New and improved TCJ board......

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I remember that lol. I didn't know they restarted the forum.