Hey MessengerX

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why you are asking me these types of questions but if you're interested; I'm not swimming in vodka right now so lets try this..

while on the toilet i pondered a circle

can we humans define Pi down to a Planck length?

if so then wouldnt all subsequent digits be meaningless and as undefined as x/0?

if Pi loses its relevancy at such miniscule distances can we safely state that contiguous digits after the final relevant digit be zero?

Pi is irrational. If it wasn't then a circle at an eventual resolution would have to be made up of straight lines. This is not the case, of course. Meaning that Pi is basically irrational to infinity.

That's the mathmatics of it.

But for a circle drawn to a finite size its possible to specify a segment length where the segment is indistinguishable from a straight line. Thats Planck length. so the expression of the ratio of the circle's circumference to its diameter will have a limit to its consequential accuracy.

"Undefined" is a just a fancy way of saying that there is no axiomatic system in place to calcualte this shit so I have no clue. And that is basically your answer.

You are dealing with meta-mathmatics not true mathmatics. It becomes a philisophical issue.

If you ask me maths has nothing to do with fucking reality anyway.

This could quickly delve into the loss of sanity. I suggest sticking some wrestling on and forgetting abut it.

R

Roadwarrior

This is the type of thing that disturbs the fat man. The only reality that you need to worry about is the fat man. I assure you that the planck that you will walk will make this all clear.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Why is the fat man so cool? I mean, fat people are ugly.

CaptainWacky

Are you someone? Why not just tellus if you're someone? I GUESS IT DOESN'T MATTER.

CaptainWacky

Okay.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get why people use duals in this type of way. Why not just use your original account?

CaptainWacky

Long been a mystery to me too.

CaptainWacky

Can't hardly wait.

CaptainWacky

We will see the Shire again.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member