Hi, this is Anne. Good news ...

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I am on the do not call registry. Even registered again a couple of months ago. Still, I continue to get these calls from "Hi, this is Anne with Account Services. Good news..." several times a week. The states the calls come from rotate but they all say the same thing. I've even gone through the process a few times to talk to the person behind the automated call. It is always a very rude individual who, instead of letting me speak to a supervisor, disconnects the call. There are massive amounts of complaints about this and yet no authority seems to be able to do something about this scammer. For the good of the world, someone, or a group of someones, should hunt "Anne" down and service her account so that she can never call another human being again. Ever.

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's out of the country. I remember reading about a Venezuelan (I think) phone company that did this and was charging an outlandish per minute fee (I believe it was several hundred) and they would try to keep you on the line as long as possible.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I've even gone through the process a few times to talk to the person behind the automated call.

There's your main problem. Don't continue to press buttons. All it does is send a signal to the system that it's a valid number with a real human being behind it. The calls just become more frequent. In the future, just hang up.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
As soon as a "live" Anne speaks I respond with: "Sorry, not interested" and hang up. If it is a recording I immediately hang up.

Being on the "Do Not Call" list has done nothing to stop these invasive phone offers. If you have any kind of "relationship" with the caller i.e., the electric company, Direct TV Sears, etc. then they can still call you 'cuz you and it are buddies and you do business together.

If you do any kind of business where they ask for your phone number i.e., Radio Shack, Best Buy, then they use that phone number to (1) sell your info to one of their "third party companies" or (2) call you themselves. Always use a wrong phone number.

The worst ones are manned by India and you cannot understand them because their accent is too heavy. One persistent company I purchased a registry clean up product from, called me back 4-5 times in a row when I refused to listen to their spiel.