I don't dream anymore

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I had a recurring dream when I was little about a witch, everything was black and there were black spider web things. ALSO, I dreamed there was a little evil gnome in the garden outside my bedroom window, and I could see his hat from where I was laying, which became REAL when I woke up but then it disappeared. I believed in all sorts of magical things.

Now I only believe in magic ducks.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
I had a lot of recurring dreams when I was a child but I took control of them. Lucid dreaming.

I know people think talking about dreams is boring and I apologize.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I had a lot of recurring dreams when I was a child but I took control of them. Lucid dreaming.

I know people think talking about dreams is boring and I apologize.

I did that too. It was awesome. Didn't even realize I wasn't the only one able to do that, until years later when I read about lucid dreaming.

Filthy Whore

Mad Arse Face
Seriously. Scary dreams become pleasant. I've punched out monsters that were chasing me before. Falling dreams become flying to Hawaii dreams.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I remember dreams from childhood more clearly than actual childhood memories.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Chuang Tzu said:
“I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"

Chuang Tzu said:
“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.”

I will call this day "Deep Friday."

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Isn't a speculum that thing they use during pelvic exams?

That's not what I call it, even though that instrument is indeed called such by polite persons.

However,

spec·u·lum

   [spek-yuh-luhm]

noun, plural spec·u·la  [-luh] , spec·u·lums.

1. a mirror or reflector, especially one of polished metal, as on a reflecting telescope.

2. speculum metal.

3. Surgery . an instrument for rendering a part accessible to observation, as by enlarging an orifice.

4. Ornithology . a lustrous or specially colored area on the wings of certain birds.

When Loktar is dressed, he could be a speculum.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Dreaming ...
or not.
Remembering dreaming ...
or not.

Torture devices.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I kind of feel if I described cherished childhood drams they'd lose some of their magic in my mind. Actual serious post!