I don't get the idea of cruise ships...

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
They load up a huge boat with enough supplies to act like a resort hotel for several weeks, and then launch out to sea hoping that they can act like a resort hotel without running into disaster, or running out of food and supplies.

Why not just go to a resort hotel where delivery trucks can bring in fresh food and maintenance daily, and keep better control over sanitary conditions? And if you yearn for the open sea, charter a boat for a day or a weekend, and take out the roadblock of being on a ten-story high-rise ship where you can't even get close to the water?

I'd feel trapped on the cruise ship after a few days.

Disabled Carnival Splendor cruise ship docks in San Diego, passengers disembark

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Approach%20to%20KW.JPG

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, I'd much rather stay in an beachfront inn than on a cruise ship.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Cruise ships appeal to old people, they are like a mobile Florida.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
A swimming pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean? REALLY?

I've never been on a cruise ship, but think the appeal is the adventure. Looking up/out & seeing nothing but sky & sea must be sort of peaceful. Just getting away from everything on land is a vacation upon itself.

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
I can't think of a vacation I would hate more than that.

Homo Erectus

I've never been on a cruise ship, but think the appeal is the adventure. Looking up/out & seeing nothing but sky & sea must be sort of peaceful. Just getting away from everything on land is a vacation upon itself.
as you are surrounded by three thousand other people making noise the whole time.

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
They treat you very well, like a celebrity.
You get pampered, fine dining, the staff really goes out of their way to make you feel special.
Except for that one problem, usually the cruises go off with out a hook.
you get shore leaves to see different destinations.

I have applied a couple times to work on the NCL shops around Hawaii, and they are very specific about these things.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
You'll never catch me on one of those dreaful cruiseships.