I hate it when an "Edge" goes Mainstream

As some of you know, I have/had a corset fetish. I've done "mild tightlace" corset training with my ex and others.

I've not spoken of "corset piercings" here. To me, this is "edge" play, the endorphin, pleasure/pain and aesthetic aspects make this a thing to be approached with patience, intimacy, and care. When I have indulged, the intensity has brought about an sexual/spiritual experience for both myself and the subject of the piercings.
I realize this may gross a few of you out, but believe me in the correct context this is very intimate "play", and not something I'd do outside of the safety of a collar. Certainly I'd never do it with a casual acquaintance. Having it done at a tattoo parlor is completely beyond consideration.

And now...it's "Mainstream"...or getting there.

Nothing ruins something "special" like a bunch of 18 year old girls doing it because it's trendy or cool.

I am most displeased.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
As some of you know, I have/had a corset fetish. I've done "mild tightlace" corset training with my ex and others.

I've not spoken of "corset piercings" here. To me, this is "edge" play, the endorphin, pleasure/pain and aesthetic aspects make this a thing to be approached with patience, intimacy, and care. When I have indulged, the intensity has brought about an sexual/spiritual experience for both myself and the subject of the piercings.
I realize this may gross a few of you out, but believe me in the correct context this is very intimate "play", and not something I'd do outside of the safety of a collar. Certainly I'd never do it with a casual acquaintance. Having it done at a tattoo parlor is completely beyond consideration.

And now...it's "Mainstream"...or getting there.

Nothing ruins something "special" like a bunch of 18 year old girls doing it because it's trendy or cool.

I am most displeased.

I understand where you're coming from. I've been something of an explorer in other extremes. A trip complicated to the point of being outside the scope of this conversation. Suffice to say I've been surprised or shock at where value can be found.

It is not my intention to be cryptic for it's own sake.

Would you consider the possibilty that when the extraordinary becomes ordinary the swarm sometimes has a chance to evolve? Deeper depths and higher heights becoming available with the increased comfort in the next perspective?

Consumer

Elder Statesman
In a perfect world, it would be a wonderful thing when the "swarm" does evolve. However, it's been my observation that this is typically not the case.

This is not an issue of "social justice" where the evolving non-issue of homosexuality is slowly turning from a stigma into an accepted (or at least tolerated) practice, this goes deeper.

People can explore "edges" of whatever type, but such things often are a personal evolution, not a social one. When a person realizes that a practice speaks to an aspect of their OWN personality, they can ignore it, embrace it, or run from it. It depends on the nature of the aspect and the personality of the individual. I don't believe that a personal sexual choice or even a spiritual discovery would symbolize an "evolution of the swarm".

Quite the contrary in fact. BDSM has been slowly becoming more mainstream over the last decade or two. It has de-evolved from something practiced by both the damaged and the curious into a fad, a trend. It is not new, practiced long before it was recorded in ancient Rome and Persia. However it's always been a fringe element, often practiced by the aristocracy due to both the more sophisticated tastes (the mind turns to many things when we don't' have to fight daily for survival) and the protection that social position can give in many cases (for example the Marquis De Sade, or more cruelly Countess Elizabeth Báthory de Ecsed). Now that our society has given that aristocratic free time so widely, naturally subsequent generations have looked into a wider and wider circle of activities, sex being an ever-popular pastime. Hence, the "new" thing of BDSM. And now, more specifically, play piercing. I don't group this with "cutting", by the way.

This doesn't make such practices advisable. To me, "mainstreaming" of some thing of this kind is dangerous. The lack of care and context not only cheapens the experience but exposes the neophyte to worlds that they are ill prepared to handle. There is a severe lack of Doms with a "steady hand" to bring someone into and through such things. Much less some 18 year old doing it to titillate a stranger they might pick up at a club.