I Hate Working Days

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
For the Majority of my adult life I have worked Nights. Even during my time served in the Military I ALWAYS worked the night shift. For me, my life officially began at sundown. While the rest of the world was setteling in for the evening, my world was just coming to life. Even on the nights I had off, I would still roam the street as if I had the entire world to myself.

For Example:

There was an all night laundramat that stayed open 24/7. To me that was the best time to go washing because there was no one else in there. I could spend time catching up on my reading while waiting for the clothes to wash and dry, then drive home on a road that was all but clear. Once the sun began to rise, all of the chaos of the world would slowly begin, whereas for me, this was my time to escape into the comfort of my home. Sleep by day, Live by night, that would be the norm for me. I had actually learned to enjoy the moonlight more than I did the sun (especially in the summer).

Now that is all gone. my company a few months ago did away with the graveyard shift and moved everyone to days. To me I feel like fish out of water, and after several months I STILL haven't grown used to it....and to be honest, I doubt if I ever will. :(

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
you were a night attendant at an all night laundromat? You're fucking kidding me.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I worked nights at some jobs when I lived in Santa Fe, and that always led itself to the most interesting segues, I thought. I was on the graveyard at an answering service, and as a result got to meet a lot of nice women I answered phones for.

But I would never work that shift again ever for any job.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
For the Majority of my adult life I have worked Nights. Even during my time served in the Military I ALWAYS worked the night shift. For me, my life officially began at sundown. While the rest of the world was setteling in for the evening, my world was just coming to life. Even on the nights I had off, I would still roam the street as if I had the entire world to myself.

For Example:

There was an all night laundramat that stayed open 24/7. To me that was the best time to go washing because there was no one else in there. I could spend time catching up on my reading while waiting for the clothes to wash and dry, then drive home on a road that was all but clear. Once the sun began to rise, all of the chaos of the world would slowly begin, whereas for me, this was my time to escape into the comfort of my home. Sleep by day, Live by night, that would be the norm for me. I had actually learned to enjoy the moonlight more than I did the sun (especially in the summer).

Now that is all gone. my company a few months ago did away with the graveyard shift and moved everyone to days. To me I feel like fish out of water, and after several months I STILL haven't grown used to it....and to be honest, I doubt if I ever will. :(

Thats what happens when you spend your nights as the GODDAMN BATMAN. You lose control of the day to day operations of Wayne Enterprises.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
you were a night attendant at an all night laundromat? You're fucking kidding me.

:rofl:

No....... there were no attendants. While washing I had the whole place to myself. Just me, the machines, and a few 50 cent Video Games.

:cool: