I have to write a paper on Amman.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
OK so I have to write a paper on the geography of Amman but it's like impossible to find any fucking information on it. The shit needs to fill eight pages.

Does anybody have any info for me beyond the obvious shit?

Pwease?

:(

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Might compare Amman's originally being built on seven hills to the ancient city of Rome, although Amman now spans 19 hills or so, and then tie in the ancient Roman remains found there. Might talk about how the city has expanded due to the frequent influx of refugees since 1948 and what makes the area attractive to refugees. Might also write about shopping becoming a big past time in this area and the number of mega malls popping up the last few years.

If I were visiting there, I would go see Petra. You might remember seeing it in one of the Indiana Jones movies where Indy meets the man guarding the Holy Grail. That scene was shot in the Rose City of Petra. Very cool place.

Also might talk about how the geography affects the area's climate, which from all reports is pretty darn nice.

Good luck.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
nice, e; can't add much to that, except that if you can't find 8 pages worth of info about Amman on-line you may have to go to your local library and take out a book or two.
Petra's always fascinated me.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
I can help you, but I don't want to.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Amman's the place to go in the Middle East if you want competitive squash.

Also, you could try tying in how it's so often been between things (the Levant and the Arabian peninsula, the Roman/Byzantine empire and the same, etc) with the way it's tried to be a mediator (between the East and the West) in the whole Palestine conflict.

Marquis De Sade

I came for the spankings
I'd understand the superiority attitude if you actually were superior.

eloisel,

How i wish to hold your pretty hands ... and watch the rest of you dissolve in acid.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
eloisel,

How i wish to hold your pretty hands ... and watch the rest of you dissolve in acid.
The things you wish for me. How charming. Hold your breath, dear, until you get your wish.