I just realised why the Back To The Future sequels are bad

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Because of having actors play multiple characters (Michael J. Fox playing his own son AND DAUGHTER for example.) The original was a SERIOUS TIME TRAVEL EPIC. The sequels are EDDIE MURPHY GROTESQUERIES.

That is why, as fun as the sequels are (Biff really hates manure!) they should be destroyed and never viewed again by anyone.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I agree. I don't remember getting through either sequel the first time I watched them, and I don't catch them when they're on TV.

One and done, McFly.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like the sequels for the places they go, but as a child I did have some issues keeping track of the characters that were played by the same actors. And the obvious makeup and daft voices were quite distracting too.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Ironically if they remade it now and had him go back in time 30 years, he would be in the 80s.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That isn't ironic. /Sausageman.

CaptainWacky

We're just three years away from flying cars and Jaws 3D (that one could actually happen!)

I like in the alternate timeline when Strickland's still all "SLACKERS!"

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Harsh audience! Consider when those films were made:

Ok - BTTF 2

The same year...
Batman with Michael Keaton
Look who's talking (do you remember the pain now? That was the fourth highest grossing film of the year)
Honey I shrunk the kids

Need I mention Karate Kid 3 came out that year?

Anyway, I wonder if I am on thin ice here as they were fairly shit.

CaptainWacky

I do like them!

But, ultimately, they must be detonated.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
The "BTTF" flicks were VERY CONTEMPTUOUS of maintaining temporal integrity insofar as the protagonists &/or their family, friends, etc were concerned. It was OK for the universe to be changed from the beginning of the movie, with Dad Wuss McFly being bullied by Bully Tannen, to the universe at the end of the movie, wiht Wuss Tannen being subservient to Dad McFly. Interesting how the beginning & end of the movie are mirror universes of each other insofar as McFly and Tannen are concerned.

Then in "BTTF II" it's OK for Doc Brown to change future history to benefity Marty's kid. And then again in "BTTF III" they let history be changed when Mary Steenburgen doesn't fall off that cliff & die. Plus other examples from III, just can't remember them now. So in the "BTTF" Trilogy we/you end up with what, 2, 3, 4, maybe more, parallel universes? It was BAD when Biff spawned that parallel universe where he was TEH $HIT. But mon contraire to the makers of "BTTF", it was also BAD for the protagonists or "heros", to change history for their own good. And/or if history being changed worked out to the good guys' benefit, so be it:rolleyes:

So much for temporal integrity!

whisky

Boobie inspector
I want to know what happened to the Marty we see at the end of the 1st movie, the one going into the past, who already had the four by four and the confident dad.

You know, the one who "our" Marty just basically stole his life.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I want to know what happened to the Marty we see at the end of the 1st movie, the one going into the past, who already had the four by four and the confident dad.

You know, the one who "our" Marty just basically stole his life.

Not just that. When Biff changes history, in THAT Biffverse there'd be counterparts of Doc Brown and Marty THERE too! But we NEVER saw them, but they'd HAVE TO be there. Back to your post, very true, WHAT HAPPENED to, WHERE IS the Marty indigenous/native to the changed universe at the end of "BTTF"?

Despite all the varying feelings about & toward ENTERPRISE, where's Daniels when (LITERALLY when) you need him? Doc Brown, Marty, Biff, ALL temporal criminals!

CaptainWacky

All the timeline duplicates died when the changed timeline caught up with them, like in that episode of Futurama. There was a deleted scene with old Biff dying after returning to the future.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It was found abandoned and currently resides in Beaulieu Car Museum.

CaptainWacky

Biff ate it.

CaptainWacky

Oh God Back To The Future Part 3 is on AND THEY'RE PLAYING OUT THE EXACT SAME MARTY/BIFF CONFRONTATION AS THE PREVIOUS TWO MOVIES BUT IN THE OLD WEST SO IT'S FUNNY HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THE COMEDY MOUSTACHES.

HOW DID THIS SHIT EVER GET MADE.