I need a notebook....

Friday

Bazinga!
Okay. I'm beginning to be in the market for a new laptop myself, since I'm beginning to get extra disposable income coming in.

I suggest you sit down before reading further....

I'm thinking of NOT buying a Mac. My experiences with AppleCare have soured me. And I'm beginning to wonder what owning a PC laptop would be like.

I don't have Clue One where to start, so this is your chance to convert a once diehard Machead.

You may begin... ;)

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
Honestly, I would wait about six months or so. Anything PC related that you buy now will have Vista preinstalled, and there's a service pack supposedly coming out in August or something. Hardware will probably be a bit beefier by that time, too. Not that I'm anti-Microsoft or anything, really, it's just a good idea to wait a bit to make sure the bugs are kicked out before purchasing if you don't have to.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
If I get the money together quick enough, I'm going to do my damndest to get a machine that still has XP on it. I'll decide when to switch, not MS.

There are still a few models on the Dell site that come w/XP and the free offer of an upgrade. We'll see how long that lasts.