I plays tricks

eloisel

Forever Empress E
As most of you know I work for a local government. We haven't had a raise in three years, haven't had much of a raise in at least 10, and some of us may lose our jobs next year if the economy doesn't improve. My job category is on the chopping block. I'm not worried about me personally because I've the most seniority, the most awards, the best performance reviews, the most institutional knowledge, know where the bodies are buried, etc.

However, my performance review is next week. Knowing our dire circumstances, I sent my boss an email with the subject line:
"Just a heads up - I'm going to ask for a raise."

In the body of the email I told her that I really need to buy a new house and I've found one I'm set on getting because it was built for me. Then, I inserted a link to a real estate site for a $3,700,000 house - indoor pool, gym, sauna, music room, dance studio, 8 bedrooms, 8.4 baths, 3 acres, guest house with kitchen, living room, dining room, large master bedroom, etc. on the luxury.

I heard her laughing all the way down the hall.

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
You should confront her and tell her that you are dead serious..the come back and tell us what she says! :)

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Hey, if I could afford to buy that house it would be because I won a gigantic lottery. I could buy you a house of your own.

Lilac

Luci ain't got nothin' on me.
"indoor pool, gym, sauna, music room, dance studio, 8 bedrooms, 8.4 baths, 3 acres, guest house with kitchen, living room, dining room, large master bedroom, etc. on the luxury."

Hey, that's MY house! WTF!

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I know. We could all live there and hardly ever see each other.