In this thread Headvoid will comment on CG dead people in adverts

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
[YOUTUBEHD]SFw8NjZF-Qk[/YOUTUBEHD]

Audrey Hepburn returns from the grave because she loves Galaxy choclate SO MUCH. DISCUSS.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Can I comment? I'm the type who's on the other side of the desk getting excited about how much fun it'll be to recreate dead people on my computer using rotoscoping of archive film footage, camera mapping and poorly paid runners being shoehorned into lime green lycra body suits.

(It's HORRIFYING, and I've never seen any of her movies. How her estate allowed this abomination to be made is beyond me. Either they somehow didn't get a say due to the footage belonging to a studio, or they're broke and couldn't afford to say no.)

(HORRIFYING!)

CaptainWacky

The horrifying part is that she'd go on the top ten if I didn't know she was a CGI dead person.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I think she looks like a character from UP.

Mars have a history of making terrible adverts. The recent (excellent) snickers ads are a blip

CaptainWacky

Is that something you've thought about before?

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
To be fair, we've been using lizard people on adverts for years. CGI was the next natural step.

CaptainWacky

Lizard People run life.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They did a similar thing a few years ago with Steve McQueen driving in a car ad, but that didn't use creepy CGI and he looked really cool so it was ok to use a dead person to endorse a product they'd never heard of because they were dead.