Isaac, stop freaking us out

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
So almost a hurricane Isaac is heading for the Republican convention. The weather people are on RED ALERT. Even my parents are getting anxious about this shit, and they've lived in Florida ALL THEIR LIVES. I can't count the number of times we've been in the cone of uncertainty.

I wonder if Pat Robertson will call this a sign from god? nah... god loves Republicans.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
What if the storm veers off to the east and makes landfall up there in Charlotte? CERTAINLY A SIGN FROM GOD.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
NOT EAST ENOUGH.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IT'S GETTIN' WINDY UP IN HERE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
yeah, I guess it's canceled for tomorrow.

One of the outer bands just passed over. Rained pretty hard for about 2 minutes and then stopped. It'll probably be like that all day. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It obviously all means something. These things don't just happen by chance.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
My internet was out for awhile! I may happen again. If it goes out and I'm not in chat tonight, don't worry. I'M SURE I'M FINE.

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
We've had thunderstorms worse than this tropical storm. A light drizzle and wind all day. SoFla hasn't had a good hurricane since Wilma on 07 or 06.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The weatherpersonman just spent 10 minutes telling us how much we shouldn't worry about this storm. It's veering off more to the west, so we're not even going to get much rain. Of course we could still get some tornadoes or just brief heavy rains when the squall lines pass. Where I live we've already had so much rain the past couple months it won't take much to cause local flooding here and there.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN AOIN REIAN RIAN RIAN RAIN RIAN ARINA RINA ;ALKSDFJS;LKDJ

sRSLY it is raining. But not storming, just steady drippy clouds.